Author Topic: Please help before I die from exhaustion  (Read 728 times)

Offline Ruby86

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 23, 2016, 09:31:44 am »
So i have a 4 and a half month old who we sleep trained at 2.5 months old and with the help of white noise would settle on her own. However 4 months hit and she is a nightmare. She was on a 3 hour easy as can't get her to a 4 even wakes every 3 hours at night (bf baby). However that easy is all over the place as she now is so ot all the time that she only naps 30-45 mins and so ends up feeding just 30 mins before her next nap is due. Her A time is between 2-2.5 hours but with bad naps this is now 1.5 -2 hours.

I thought it couldn't get worse but it did as now she is teething. So my question is. Do I stick at trying to get her to self settle (she does it with a lot of patting and loud white noise (but cries alot)) or try to get rid of the patting and white noise once teething has subsided?!

I know this is a lot of information sorry. Im just so tired and stressed (also have a 4 year old so no time for naps for me)

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: Please help before I die from exhaustion
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 07:32:26 am »
Oh I'm so sorry things are tough atm. 4mo is such a tricky time, one of the worst for us as I seem to remember DD went on nap strike completely. I too went out of my mind.

There's a huge GS that happens around now too, are you feeding at any of the NW's? It must be terrible with the early teething as well. You have my utmost sympathy. Ibuprofen is best for teething so you could try medicating before BT and see if that gets you a good stretch in?

If you've reduced the A time, I would actually try going back to closer to the original A time for that first A and see if that makes a difference to the first nap? If that is short, I would only reduce the next A by 15mins or so rather than 30. I wonder if you've gotten into a bit of an UT/OT loop there too?

If you could post yesterday's easy in real time for me, we'll take it from there ok? Hugs in the meantime xx