Author Topic: 10MONTH old suddenly resisting naps!! Please help  (Read 984 times)

Offline pegs

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
10MONTH old suddenly resisting naps!! Please help
« on: February 23, 2016, 16:11:09 pm »
Hi,

My LO has always been a fairly good napper and we could always put him in his crib awake and he would fall asleep on his own. Bedtime is a breeze for the most part as well. Even through teething our LO would sleep through the night and still nap.  Now he will only nap in our arms....even if we see he is showing signs of being tired and try to put in crib he screams until we come and get him. This is very unusual for him. As soon as we pick him up, he quiets down. Until we go to put back in his crib. Is this Separation Anxiety hitting??  Help please as going back to work in a few weeks, and needs to ne able to nap for sitter.

Offline Bella89

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 15
Re: 10MONTH old suddenly resisting naps!! Please help
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 11:29:48 am »
Hello and welcome to BW forum:)

I am not suprised that the best place to fall asleep is in mama's arms :) Are you?
Unfortunately, our LO grow up and our backs hurt more and more:/

I feel like what you are going through is perfectly normal at this age. They tend to try us out to see if it is pssible to achieve what they want. This is also the time to explain to them, that we are there for them but they need to learn how to sleep by themselves.

If he slept in your arms for 3 or more days already, he liked it. How responsive he is to your words? Talk to him all the time you are putting him down.
In calm words explain that it is time to sleep and he needs to lay down.
My DS was standing up every time I put him down, so I was coming in, putting him down and talking to him some more. I wasn't sure how much he gets, but my voice reassured him I am there.

Please, look through the link belov. It has some great info:)
Getting back on track using Walk In/Walk Out (WI/WO)