Author Topic: Can't leave the room help  (Read 1195 times)

Offline Jess_C

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 26, 2016, 05:52:07 am »
DS is now 14.5 months and has recently moved from 2 naps to 1 nap. My problem with him now is he can't self settle at night . He is reliant on my presence . I don't even need to touch him. As soon as I leave he goes crazy!! He also wakes erratically at least once a night looking for me.

Previously, he was sleeping through even though I stayed in his room so I was fine with it. But now he can't. He hasn't sleep through for a month. And on one occasion I thought I just walk out and see what happens. He cried not long couple go min and fell asleep but he woke almost every 2 hrs at night and I had to pd.

Currently, am staying in his room and trying to move further near the door. Is so dark I doubt he knows where I am except I haven't leave the room. When he cries at night , I do Pd. Somedays is quick and somedays I pd for an hr. I don't want to abandon him and secretly hoping pd will make him sleep through but is been a month.

His easy is wake up 7.30 am nap for 1.5 hr at 1 pm and bedtime at 7 p,m.
If am lucky somedays his nap is 2 hrs and bad days is 45 min and I ll try to pd to get another hr. Oh naps he can self settle. How weird is that?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 14:20:27 pm by trimbler »

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Can't leave the room help
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 19:47:56 pm »
Hi there, have you tried reassuring him from outside the door? Any teeth on the move causing night wakings making him have a bit of SA!?
Has he always been dependant on you for settling, the waking every 2 hours is the change in sleep cycle so he needs you to resettle does that sound right!?x
Zoe

Offline Jess_C

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 02:58:24 am »
No, I haven't tried reassuring from the door. I doubt there s any teeth. He can self settle at naps . He used to be good but now. Sometimes once or twice a night and timing I'd random.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Can't leave the room help
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 16:00:32 pm »
Hopefully it will pass soon if he used to self settle ok, maybe just lots of cuddles whilst awake to fill his mummy cup and gradual withdrawal  :)
Zoe