Author Topic: Help tailoring how i manage the 2-1 please!  (Read 843 times)

Offline WendyEH

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Help tailoring how i manage the 2-1 please!
« on: February 27, 2016, 17:19:38 pm »
Hello
I posted in general sleep issues some months ago and had invaluable advice from kellyjs to help improve my baby's astonishingly bad sleep. She's now thirteen months.

She's got much better in some ways but at the moment we have night wakings and lots of failed naps again, and I don't feel like I'm handling this transition period very well despite all the brilliant resources on here. I hope its ok to ask for guidance!

General issues:
i) I still can't get her to go to sleep independently. How do i move on from PD, so that she isn't dependent on having a hand on her to go to sleep? I suspect the key is for her to be sufficiently but not over-tired and that's the main problem I'm having again.

ii) She gets hideously overtired if there's a long A time before bed. BUT she's also very prone to refusing the afternoon nap. So what I've currently settled on is something like this:

WU 6.30
Nap 1 10.30-11.15 (I wake her)
Nap 2 3-4.30
BT around 7

This has been ok sometimes, but when she outright refuses the afternoon nap I end up putting her to bed at 6 by which time she's radically overtired and sleeps appallingly (waking every hour/ every hour and a half).

Also, I'm not sure how to move from this towards a sensible middle of the day single nap?

Thank you in advance
W

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Help tailoring how i manage the 2-1 please!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 19:43:50 pm »
Hi, the only way we did it was to push the morning nap 15 mins every few days until we got to middle of the day. When the afternoon nap was refused I used to take a strategic drive or walk for 20 mins just to keep OT at bay to see us to BT.

Have you tried GW at bedtime, remove the hand but sit near bed, then every few days me further away!?
Zoe