Author Topic: Bedtime problems 14 months  (Read 864 times)

Offline Suvito

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 27, 2016, 21:21:37 pm »
Hi everyone,

I'm writing you today :( as I'm having some regression with putting my LO to bed at night (and sometimes for a nap).
I was lucky to have a good sleeper who was doing the night quite early onwards. We had some troubles at 4.5 month and thanks to pu/pd managed to eliminate the pacifier.
Sticking to Tracy's rules naps and bedtime were no big deal anymore and we literally put him down and walked out of the room at once (for about 6-7 months).

Now it's been a while that after putting him to bed and our quick exit he starts crying like crazy and as soon as we get in he either stops immediately or even throws himself in his sleep position and seems totally relaxed... Only now it took me half an hour to (unsuccessfully leave the room) and had to send in my husband who managed to leave with no crying attacks  :o

Is it separation anxiety? I started working part time 5 months ago and he is home with his beloved nanny ....Why now?
Or is he sleeping too much during the day? Ready for one nap?
Here his day:

8.30 wake up and activity til
12.00     1st nap
12.45 lunch and activity til
16.15/30  2nd nap
18.00/18.15 activity e dinner
21 bedtime

Thanks to everyone for any advice to get back on track soon  ;D ;D
Susi
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 22:56:45 pm by Martini~ »

Offline Emami

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 41
Re: Bedtime problems 14 months
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 20:56:57 pm »
I think yes to both the questions you have asked! He is definitely at the age for separation anxiety (had some of that recently from my 15mo too). If that is the problem then lots of reassurance and cuddles during the day, and gradual withdrawal for sleep times.

But yes, I also think he's not getting enough A time and I would try tweaking his naps first. Ifor you cap the first nap a bit more to 30 mins and bring the second one forward he can still get a good nap in but have longer until BT and hopefully be more ready to go down without a fuss. So something like:
WU 8:30
Nap 12-12:30
Nap 3:30-5
BT 9
Emma

Offline Suvito

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 21:56:32 pm »
Thank you a lot! Sometimes you are in too deep to react in the right way...
I will definitely do as you suggest!!
Quick question: for his age are 2 hours nap (in total) during the day enough?
I know I have to do it gradually anyways but I need to have my plan figured out before  ;D!

I really hope it works soon coz EW are happening as well now.
Thank you!
Susi