Author Topic: HELP-8 mo old screams hysterically before naps!  (Read 8528 times)

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
Re: HELP-8 mo old screams hysterically before naps!
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2016, 22:59:59 pm »
Not sure ???. Today things went back to normal. I'm thinking I do have to push A times a smidge which I will try out tomorrow since today I went mostly on the A times before the odd two days we had.
Jennifer xx

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2016, 02:16:22 am »
Hi!

I have a question. I know when babies wake up constantly in the earlier part of night after bedtime it indicates OT. However, can UT also be a culprit? I have been doing 3:40 A times and have been getting the following (this is today's example):

WU 7 am
S 10:40-11:40 (woke up on his own)
S 3:00-4:06 (woke up on his own again)
BT 7:07 pm

I'm confused. He is teething which I know bothers him but we have been giving him Tylenol. He still restless for the first couple of hours after BT waking up a lot. Do I need to keep pushing A times?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 17:49:17 pm by JennVanessa1083 »
Jennifer xx

Offline bossanovile

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2016, 04:36:02 am »
Hi! As I was reading through your posts, I could have written the EXACT same story. Our wake times are almost the same and I tend to put her down at 8pm too.

My LO is about to turn 8 months tomorrow and we are also struggling with the wailing at naps, 3-2 transition and she hardly ever does an overnight sleep of more than 10.5 hours. IIt has been this way whether I put her down early or otherwise (but there are few if no nightwakings) She's an independent night sleeper but lately has started to shriek for less than a minute on put down at nights before settling (separation? who knows?! ???)

I've had to wake her from naps (she is a chronic 30 minute catnapper but will continue to drowse if I pick her up) and cap the naps in order to fit in 3, but her wake times have extended. We tried a 2 nap day since she woke at 710am yesterday but she cried really hard at bedtime and was up earlier than normal today.

How have things been going for you thus far? I would love to hear how your routine is like now.

Offline becj86

• Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2016, 03:38:59 am »
Hi bossanovile - if you're looking for some help with your routine, its probably best to make your own thread - would you like me to separate this one for you?