Author Topic: My head is all in a muddle.  (Read 770 times)

Offline choc

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: March 01, 2016, 11:36:56 am »
So as Ds2 has increased his A time I've spent a lot of time trying to plan how his routine will work out over the next couple of months with a 3pm school run. I had planned on something like this
A time 2.45 (where we are now)
Wu 7am
S 9.45 to 11.15
S 2 to 3 school run straight after
S 5 to 5.30
Bt 7

Progressing to something like this
A time 3hr
Wu 7
S 10 to 12
S 3.30 to 4.30
Bt 7

With the overall plan that morning nap gets later and later and afternoon nap shorter and shorter until morning nap is the the 1  lunchtime nap.
However I have been reading through sample routines and it seems so many people at 7/8/9 months have continued with roughly
Wu 7
S 9.30 to 11
S 1.30 to 3
And then just no catnap and a long A to bed. Is this a better way to go? Just drop the catnap and keep the rest the same? How does it work keeping such short A's and then one really massive one?
 Sorry, I am doubting myself now and not sure what way to go!
Gemma

Offline lauradj

• Showing Appreciation 61
Re: My head is all in a muddle.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 22:14:29 pm »
It can be so confusing if you're working around school runs!  Keep in mind most of the schedules presented don't factor that in.  Could you maybe leave the morning nap uncapped and hope for a longer stretch and then just have a short nap when you return home from school pick up?  Could your LO1 walk home with a friend?  Could you wear your LO and walk to school so that he gets a CN on walk to and from?

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 07:28:26 am »
I think I have a plan for working round the school run with the first routine I posted above. My thoughts were that all the routines that have naps at 9.30 and 1.30 would work really well for me around the school run so I could go this route instead. It's just I wasn't sure how it worked with short first A times and a long last A time? Do the Los do Ok with that?
Gemma

Offline lauradj

• Showing Appreciation 61
Re: My head is all in a muddle.
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 21:30:03 pm »
Yup, your end goal looks good.  I'd say you're set for success.