Author Topic: Help 30-40 min naps  (Read 804 times)

Offline Cathykim920

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 22, 2016, 19:59:53 pm »
Hi my baby has started the pupd method at the end of his 4 months, 4 days ago. He's practically lost his voice because he can only nap for 30-45 min at a time. I am continuing to do the pick up put down until his next scheduled feeding. Should I stop earlier? When should be start to nap longer? Very worried that I'm doing something wrong.. Please let me know if you have any advice.

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Re: Help 30-40 min naps
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 20:35:16 pm »
Tracy suggested you continue PU/PD until the next scheduled feeding but many of us have our own personal cut off point.  For myself, I only ever attempted resettling for 20 mins.  I know others go for 45 minutes.  It's up to you. 
You mentioned in your other post that your LO went through the 4 month regression and it's important to bear that in mind when you are helping him resettle.  This is a very common phase for babies to go through and the fact of the matter is, he may not be able to sleep for more than 30-45 minutes until he's through the regression.
It would be helpful if you could post your EASY as there may be small tweaks we can see that need to be made that will help your LO sleep better.  As I mentioned in your other post, I will be merging the two as they are very similar in nature.