Author Topic: Early waking lately  (Read 2675 times)

Offline Lindsay27

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
Re: Early waking lately
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2016, 00:21:04 am »
What time is BT on 1 nap?

Offline sce

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2016, 00:34:38 am »
She goes down at 1 for her afternoon nap.

Offline Lindsay27

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2016, 00:42:46 am »
Sorry, what time is bedtime on days you have 1 nap?

Offline sce

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2016, 01:00:23 am »
Here's the day
6 wake (or earlier)
Bottle around 7
Breakfast around 7:45
Lunch 11:30
Nap 1
Wake 2:45
Bottle 3
Dinner 6
Bottle 7:15
Bed time 7:30

Offline Lindsay27

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2016, 01:07:06 am »
Great, thank you!  I am wondering if maybe you need to pull bedtime earlier?  Lots of LOs need an early bedtime when they go to to 1 nap to avoid OT, which could be contributing to the early starts.  Do you think you could get a 6:30pm bedtime?

I am also thinking that the nap should be earlier in the day, maybe at 12 noon?  I think when my DS dropped to 1 nap it was a 12-2 type thing and BT at 6pm.  Eventually over time his nap moved later into the afternoon.

Offline sce

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2016, 19:09:03 pm »
Okay.  Here's an update.

Yesterday we did her nap a bit earlier 12:45 and she slept through for 2 hours and 45 minutes.

I put her to bed earlier around 7, but she didn't go down easily at all.  It took me an hour to get her down which seems to be a trend the past week.  Not sure if it's related to her being OT or not.

She slept the whole night, but woke up at 4 and my husband gave her a bottle and she went back down until 6.

Today she  went down for her afternoon nap at 12:30 and I had to wake her up at 3.  I'll try putting her down earlier again around 7 and see what happens.

The screaming wen we leave thing is new.  She doesn't seem to like us leaving the room which I know I common, but none of the methods seem to work either.  PUPD doesn't work, she gets really upset every time we leave.  My voice seem to calm her, but again, the moment I leave she's screams.  We pat her and rub her back , but again the moment she hears us leaving, it's over!  I'm not sure what to do.

Offline Lindsay27

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2016, 00:24:58 am »
PUPD never worked for us either, we found it too stimulating.  It sounds like you are doing WI/WO which is a great option, but if you are finding that you aren't having much success then gradual withdrawal might be your best bet.  So if she responds well to your voice or rubbing her back you may need to do that for a few days and wait until she's asleep before leaving.  Then every few nights you can move yourself closer to the door and soothe her with your voice until eventually you are outside her room.  Does that make sense?

Let me know how BT went tonight.

Offline sce

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2016, 07:58:16 am »
She went down fine at 7:30.  With daylight savings we didn't think it was a good idea to put her down too early.  She just woke up at 3.  I couldn't get her back down so my husband is trying.

We could pay her back for 20 or more minutes and when we stop, she sits up to see if we're still there.  This only started recently.  Not sure what to do. 

Offline Lindsay27

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2016, 12:54:08 pm »
Could you sit beside her crib and place a hand on her?  I think GW will work for you hun, it is just an issue of time.  When I had to do it with my DS id have to sit beside him for an hour until he was asleep, but eventually they feel reassured and it takes less and less time and eventually you can begin to move toward the door.

The other option is to continue WI/WO, so leave the room and when she starts crying (real 'I need you' cry), then go in and reassure and leave again.  Similarly though, it can take a long time at first and if you find she gets too worked up then GW might be your best option.

Hugs!  I remember my DS going through that phase and I felt like I was chained to his crib in the evenings, but it will get better :)

Offline sce

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2016, 13:21:53 pm »
I took us around 1.5 hours to get her back down.  She slept until 8am though (which is really 7 with daylight savings).  We were hoping for something around 7 so that was great.

I'll continue with the GW and see what she does.  The Wi/WO is tough because she starts crying the second she sees that we're leaving and she doesn't stop when we come back in.  She just keeps going.  And she goes straight to the "I need you" scream hahaha.  No in between for this one.

Okay, another day of trying!!  Thanks for being there.

Offline sce

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2016, 18:30:13 pm »
Okay, so I wanted to give it a bit of time before I reposted.

We're doing one nap from 12:30-3 now each day.  She always stays down the whole time.

Bed time is still 7:30 because she wouldn't go down any earlier no matter what we tried.  It's very difficult to get her down though.  She screams.  Even if we're standing there, or sitting there.  So trying GW has been tough because she screams even if we're there.  If we stay she screams, if we leave she screams and if we hold her she'll settle, but scream the moment we put her down.

She's still waking up at least twice a night and it takes at least an hour and sometimes 2 or more to get her back down.

She isn't calmed by our voices either.  I try singing which doesn't settle her.  I've tried shhh-ing which also doesn't seem to do anything.

We're exhausted!  Any time we pat her back or hold her, we'll sometimes be able to transfer her and get her to sleep, but she wakes up an hour later.

What should we do?

Last night my husband put her down at 7:30 and she cried a bit, but put herself down.  She woke up a bit after 11 and we didn't get back to sleep until 2:45.  Then she woke up at 6.

Help!

Offline Lindsay27

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2016, 01:32:01 am »
With a solid 2.5hr nap I am wondering if she needs a longer A to bed?  What time is her WU usually?

Also wondering if she's getting any teeth - NWs could be pain related?

Offline sce

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2016, 01:47:08 am »
I thought she might need a longer A, but everyone was saying to make her BT earlier so we stuck with 7:30.  Maybe we should do 7:45?

She's been waking around 6 lately.  Before all of this she was waking between 7-7:30.  Sometimes she wakes at 5 though and it's near impossible to get her back down.

I don't think she's getting teeth.

Offline Lindsay27

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2016, 21:18:30 pm »
Have you tried pulling her nap earlier? Like 11:30/12?  Then you would have a longer A to bedtime and can still keep a reasonable 12hr day.

Offline sce

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2016, 01:29:16 am »
No, I haven't.   I'll see if that works.