Author Topic: Not sleepy anymore?!  (Read 1388 times)

Offline kristeno

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 06, 2016, 22:51:34 pm »
I really need some help deciphering what's going on here! My daughter is 6 mos & we've been using EASY now for almost 2 mos. it's been going well. She doesn't take naps as long as I'd like, but she's always so happy & wakes up that way, so I figured she just doesn't need more. Anyway. Recently, she doesn't act tired when it's time for nap time. Instead, she gets up on her knees, playing, laughing & rolling around. We'll leave her for a few, hoping she'll calm & we'll come back when she starts fussing. As soon as we enter the room, she starts laughing again. I want to try PUPD, but there's no crying until we're WELL into her nap time & she's over tired. Then, she just screams.

Here's her routine:

730: wake & eat
8: play
1030: nap (45 min)
1115: wake & eat
1145: play
215: nap (45 min)
3: wake & eat
430: snack
7: bedtime routine (15 min)
715: eat
730/8: in bed, asleep
10/11: dream feed
330/430: wake, eat & back in bed (30 min)
730: wake & eat

We've already extended her wake time awhile back because it was like we were trying to force her to be tired when she wasn't. It's been working really well. Until now.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Offline Lindsay27

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
Re: Not sleepy anymore?!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 00:20:07 am »
How old was she when you extended A time to 3hrs?  I'm wondering if she's always needed higher A times to get a good nap.  What you are describing and 45min naps are usually classic UT, especially if you'd been getting longer naps before.  I'm wondering if she needs a slight push in A time - maybe 3hrs 15mins?

Offline kristeno

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 15:26:03 pm »
It's only been about a monthish since we've extended her A time, so she was about 5 mos old. My only concern with extending longer is that there's already a 5 hr space between feedings. Would it be okay to keep extending that?

Offline Lindsay27

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 16:22:23 pm »
Maybe I am reading your EASY wrong but the space between feedings is about 4hrs?  You are eighth though it would make for a longer gap between feeds, perhaps a top up before nap?  Are you FF or BF?  I think the gap should be okay as long as she's taking good feeds, yk? Have you started solids at all?

Offline kristeno

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 17:00:43 pm »
You're right, I guess it is since she hardly naps. When she was sleeping for an hour & a half, it was 5 hrs between. We BF & we tried solids, but she doesn't like them. I'm concerned about nursing a little before naps because I don't want her to snack or think that she nurses to sleep. Plus my concern isn't that she's hungry, it's just that she acts tired until you get her in her room & she thinks it's time to play. But when she's with us in the living room, she fusses like she's tired. I don't understand!

Offline Lindsay27

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 19:09:21 pm »
Yes I wouldn't want to create a snacker either!  I think maybe just try extending that A time a wee bit, just 15mins and see what that does.  It does seem like she's on the high end of A times so may just need a little push.