Author Topic: Need fresh eyes! 6 mo started NW!  (Read 1326 times)

Offline lyssabz

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 06, 2016, 20:11:21 pm »
So there are a lot of factors in this so I just need some fresh perspective.
LO has been an excellent sleep and has slept through the night since 2 months.  Suddenly she's waking up once.  It started 3 days ago.  5 AM first 2 days and then 3:30 this morning.  She's already well into solids. She was sick last week but not anymore.  But every time she wakes, she still eats a full feed! So is it just a growth spurt?? I mean, even on top of the solid food? And DF? It just doesn't make sense! She should have enough food to sustain her throughout the night. 
I did start a sugar free detox this week, would that affect my milk and her? Wondering if that would do anything too.  I just don't know where to even start.  Here's her typical day:

Wake 7ish
Breast for 15-20 mins
Eat solids around 8:30
Nap 9-11
Breast 11
Eat solids around 12:30
Nap: 2:00-4:00
Eat breast 4:00
Solids at 5:00
Breast at 7
Bed by 7:30
DF 11:00

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Need fresh eyes! 6 mo started NW!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 19:33:02 pm »
It could be a growth spurt definitely if she's only been going on a few days like it.  It may be worthwhile just having a quick look at her solids though - if she's eating a lot of solids (which are bulky but often low-calorie at this age) it could be impacting her daytime milk intake and meaning she's having to wake to get the calories in.  What sort of things/quantities is she having?  Could you add milk to any of them if you are doing purées to get in a bit extra that way?  Routine generally looks good though :)

Offline lyssabz

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 13:11:09 pm »
Thanks for the reply!  It was a growth spurt! I didn't change anything because I didn't want to start any bad habits.  She stirred around 3 am and I watched and waiting for her to fully wake and start crying but she didn't! She fell back asleep. And she hasn't woken up since.

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Need fresh eyes! 6 mo started NW!
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 16:18:45 pm »
That's good news :D