Author Topic: Morning tiredness 12 weeks old  (Read 830 times)

Offline babyg15

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 06, 2016, 21:22:58 pm »
Hi there,
My 12 week old has started to sleep really well through the night, starting our day at about 6am. However by 8am she has already had two small naps! (sometime those 45 minute naps continue for the rest of the day  :-[)
When I try to keep her up for longer she becomes so upset, crying the house down!
Any suggestions?
I've always followed EASY however these changes have only just started to happen..
Thanks in advance,
Simone

Offline lolsyb1982

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 34
Re: Morning tiredness 12 weeks old
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 21:55:54 pm »
How long is her A time from waking before her 1st nap? She could well be a little UT and so not sleeping more than 45mins.
The average is around 1hr 20.
Lauren

Offline babyg15

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 22:28:16 pm »
I definitely think she's UT as her A time after her morning feed is only about 50mins... but she gets so grumpy so I have no choice but to put her to sleep??

E 6
A 6.20
S 6.50

I've just tried the method where I go in and wait for her REM sleep to occur at about 35mins and hold her legs and arms from flying up.. that seems to have worked but even doing that, the REM still lasted for more than 20mins...?

Am I doing something wrong?

She's now already had 2 naps today and it's only 9.30am! She's only supposed to have 3 naps a day for her age!

Offline lolsyb1982

• Showing Appreciation 34
Re: Morning tiredness 12 weeks old
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 14:28:52 pm »
I would try increasing by 10/15 mins to start with and it may mean you just need to hold her for that extra time and walk around the house with her just to keep it low key.

So when you held her through the jolts (HTTJ) how much longer did she sleep for? A lot of LO (my 15 wk old included) cannot transition between sleep cycles and so need the help.

Do you have a sling? I find if I put my LO in there she takes a longer nap than when in her cot. Might be worth a try for at least one nap a day?
Lauren

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 21:30:45 pm »
What time is bedtime? And how often are you feeding at night?