Author Topic: 2-1 nap transition a nightmare  (Read 1130 times)

Offline Belleinfidele

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 18, 2016, 08:05:41 am »
My son will be a year old in a week and has been going through 2-1 nap transition for about a months now: refusing his second (afternoon) nap at around 3-4 pm and is getting up earlier everyday. Today he woke at 5:25 am. We have tried to go cold turkey and put him down for one nap only at 1 pm, and then earlier as usual at bedtime (6:30 instead of 7:30 pm), but to no avail. He keeps getting up 5-6 am. 
We have tried keeping his second nap but even walking around in a stroller for 2 hours doesn't do the trick.
I can see that he is constantly tired, although he is quite a sport and doesn't cry much because of it. And it wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for the damned 5 am wakings, which we can't take.
I would be very grateful for some advice!
(Btw, I have read the 2-1 nap transition postings here on the forum).

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 09:20:39 am »
Have you tried putting him for a short nap of 10min around 9/10am even in a stroller and than another one around 1pm - longer one?
~Marta

Offline Belleinfidele

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 15:22:18 pm »
Hi

after he woke up at 4:30 am today and refused to go down anymore, we made him nap some more later in the morning (ab 40 min) and then put him down for his nap at 12 pm. He slept for 90 min and woke up in a great mood. It seems he might be one of those little guys who like the cold turkey transition better. Well, let's see in the morning. I will put him to sleep (bedtime) at 7 pm. I'll report back!