Author Topic: (3,5 YO and 7MO preemie) When to put them in the same room  (Read 731 times)

Offline Lollipop86

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Hi.

I was wondering when would be the best time to put my children in the same room.
DD#1 is 3,5 YO, DD#2 is 7,5 MO (corrected age 5 MO). They both are light sleepers, LO is currently still in our room in a crib and BF at night.
Eventually they will share a room...

What are your experience?
Unus, sed leo!

Offline MommyN

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: (3,5 YO and 7MO preemie) When to put them in the same room
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 09:54:54 am »
I recently moved DS2 (nearly 1) in with his big brother. DS1 is HSN and generally a good sleeper. The first night was terrible. They woke each other up a few times. By night 2 neither woke from the other. I was shocked!! Now DS1 only wakes up if DS2 is literally screaming. When that happens I bring DS2 back into my room. I wish I would have moved him sooner. It is wonderful to have our bedroom back to ourselves (and another room to go into during the evening when you're living in a 2 br apartment!). I was terrified to do it so I waited, but DS1 got used to it so quickly that I regret not doing it sooner. DS2 also sleeps better when he knows that I'm not right there.

One thing that helped us was to stagger their bedtimes for the first few nights. DS1 was so excited to have baby bro in his room that he would talk and laugh and neither would go to sleep. So for a few nights I put baby in first and once he was sleeping I put DS1 in. DS1 was very proud of himself that he was so big and could be quiet. We also promised him something special in the morning if he wouldn't wake the baby up- only needed that for a few nights.

Good luck!!!!!!!

Offline Lollipop86

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 10:24:50 am »
Thanks, this already helps a lot. I am just not sure what HSN means  :-[
Unus, sed leo!

Offline MommyN

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1