Author Topic: Still struggling with EW :(  (Read 3762 times)

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Still struggling with EW :(
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2016, 15:30:05 pm »
He might not be right she might have just crashed from short nights x
Zoe

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2016, 17:11:37 pm »
^^^true...or she is lower sleep needs. My DD3 would never have done a 2.5hr nap at that age and had a decent bedtime (I think we were down to a 45 min nap &  an 8 pm bedtime by that age in comparison - she is very low for sleep though).  But when we did no nap she for sure did not need a later bedtime!
Heidi

Offline MayaandEvasmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2016, 17:29:03 pm »
I know it may have been due to catch up, but just the fact she slept in this morning P****d me off when he said she would if she went to bed later lol.

Anyway, she would have gone to sleep earlier if he had put her down, he just wanted to prove a point and put her down later.  Our clocks go forward tonight so I am going to bite the bullet and put her down later again and see over a few days if we can reset her body clock somehow.  I do think she will only ever be a 10 hour  nighter but its just getting the balance right as she is sensitive to Ot so if I mess it up she drops down to 9 hours but an earlier night still results in the same wake up but we get 10 hours!

Offline MayaandEvasmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2016, 07:10:14 am »
She only had 1hr 30 yesterday and was pretty tired by 6ish, but I dragged her out til 8.30pm and she slept until 5am! (not with hour added on), so no difference, so must have been a fluke yesterday, but only got 8.5 hours :(.  Anyway still going to roll with it and see how we get on

Offline MayaandEvasmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2016, 08:39:53 am »
Another disaster, wake up at 5am, refused nap so nap didn't happen until 2pm, she slept for 2 hours, refused Bt and finally went to sleep at 9.30pm. Wake up at 5am! (which would be 4am to her body clock), only 7.5 hours!!! when is this going to change  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2016, 13:38:24 pm »
I always found DS1 took a couple of days after clock change to kind of reset, you might find she adjusts after a day or 2 X
Zoe

Offline MayaandEvasmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2016, 08:12:09 am »
Well we are now on day 4 ???..We got a 2 hour nap yesterday and I put her down at 8.30pm as she was really grumpy and tired all day.  She woke at 2.45, screaming, I ended up bringing her in with me as she normally takes 2 hours to go back off and I just didn't hav it in me to stay up and her wake the whole house up either  :'(, she probably took and hour to go back off and she slept until 6.44! so at least we all had a good rest x

Offline MayaandEvasmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2016, 11:39:58 am »
Still struggling :'(.  Wouldn't go to bed last night, up screaming, she then threw herself out her cot :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(. Finally got her to sleep at 9.30, she woke again at 4am!!!! screaming.  My asthma was playing me up last night so hubby took her into bed with him again and she went straight back off til 7pm! Looks like we have another habit to break.  She has always been such a great independent sleeper now she wants us to put or hand on her till she falls back to sleep :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2016, 17:29:51 pm »
Sounds like a bit of separation anxiety in the mix too which often happens with developmental stuff.

I'd prob just put the hand on her for a night and see if she settles as you will get IS back again x
Zoe

Offline MayaandEvasmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2016, 05:54:30 am »
Yay!!!! got a lie in until 6.15 :), although I couldn't blinking sleep!

Anyway what we did different.

Nap 1hour as we were going out as I am sick of staying in and sleep governing my day.

2 mile walk :), guess it will keep me fit too :).

Cat nap on way back 15-20 mins around 4.50pm.

BT 7.30pm settled much better, she stirred around 3am but settled back off, also woke at 5am for a drink but went back off.

I also reverted back to sleeping bag along with light duvet incase she was waking cold.

Could have been a complete fluke from so many late nights caught up with her! We are going away next week so might do us good to have a curve ball on routine xx

Offline ~Jen~

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2016, 08:55:30 am »
Yay!   :D   That's great.  When they're this "off" their routine and exhausted a little CN can help the OT and 15-20mins isn't going to do much harm once in a while.   Have a great day!

Offline MayaandEvasmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2016, 18:42:25 pm »
Update! So after the later wake up we headed out at 10.15 and she fell asleep in car, probably had 30 mins.  We had another full filled day with lots of walking and she napped in car on way to food so probably 15 mins, BT at 8.45pm (although we headed home at around 7pm she didn't fall asleep until we were home), WU 5.30am. 

Following day nap at 12pm she woke herself coughing after 1 hour :(, Bt @ 7.15, slept until 6.15  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.  Not sure if the shorter naps are helping, she has a little cold or teeth have now popped through? but I will take it for now :). She has however refused all naps today :(.  My lie in tomorrow so im not really bothered lol xxxx

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2016, 18:52:08 pm »
Yahey for some good sleep! Hope you get a good night and enjoy your lay in xx
Zoe

Offline MayaandEvasmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2016, 20:09:29 pm »
Well we have had a lovely few days away :).  Sleep all over the place, she still woke up at 5ish, got one morning of 6.30  ;D, naps seem to be very erratic.  As we were away she fell asleep mainly in the car, averaging around 1hour in total.  Been back a couple of days and she is ready for a nap at around 10am, but will refuse another nap so early Bt are back. The eldest dd is back at school tomorrow so we can get back into some form of routine, not sure what we should be aiming for  ???

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2016, 06:03:51 am »
How have things been?
Zoe