Author Topic: Rock n Play to Crib transition help  (Read 1018 times)

Offline Sharwellstudio

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Rock n Play to Crib transition help
« on: March 09, 2016, 21:30:03 pm »
Anyone with experience have tips or tricks to getting a 3, 4 or 5 month old out of a rock n play into a crib for sleeping?  He hasn't had rocking/motion in the rock n play in 2 months but I think the crib will feel wide open and not very comforting to my touchy ~5 month old.  I will have a wedge under the sheet to keep his head above his tummy (crazy reflux) but should I do more to make it comfy for him?

Offline grace annes mommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 23
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 23:54:01 pm »
My lo is still doing nights in the rock and play but I've moved her to the crib for naps. In her crib, I've inclined the mattress (reflux here too) and rolled a towel in a u shape under her sheet to create a little nest. 

Offline Sharwellstudio

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Rock n Play to Crib transition help
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 13:47:40 pm »
My lo is still doing nights in the rock and play but I've moved her to the crib for naps. In her crib, I've inclined the mattress (reflux here too) and rolled a towel in a u shape under her sheet to create a little nest. 
The towel is around the head, feet or both?  I am thinking I might have to incline the feet somehow to keep him from kicking around. But I will start with 2 Us to make an oval if I can.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 15:42:24 pm by Sharwellstudio »

Offline grace annes mommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 23
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 19:01:32 pm »
I've rolled one towel into a U and it's on her sides and under her bum.  Almost as if she's sitting on a swing set. Does that make sense??  :P  That way it's hard to roll over and she doesn't slip down the incline which is what used to happen.

I feel like I should mention that I don't know that this is recommended in SIDs guidelines.  I personally feel comfortable with my DD sleeping in the rock and play and sleeping with a thin towel under her sheet in the crib, but I would discuss this with your dr. if you feel the need.