Author Topic: independent the sleeper gone wonky  (Read 1011 times)

Offline 1stimer

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 19
independent the sleeper gone wonky
« on: March 14, 2016, 00:21:07 am »
Ds used to go down without a peep. He recently stopped breastfeeding (he weaned himself) so at bedtime we would rock for a few minutes and he'd point to his crib, I'd lay him down and that was that. Now he fussed when we walk in and will cry (sometimes throw and EPIC fit) when we rock. I'll put him in his crib and he will cry for a bit. We go in if he doesnt stop. Not sure why this is happening. Is it just a late 18m regression? He will be 2 in June and was born 6 weeks early if that matters. Nothing has changed although I feel like his naps have gone from around 2 hrs to around 1.5. Should his bt be 30 min earlier to male up for this?

[/url]

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
Re: independent the sleeper gone wonky
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 12:57:22 pm »
Is he getting canines/molars right now?  For us that often comes with extra tiredness, separation anxiety-type behaviour at bedtime and shorter naps....if you think he is tired I'd try the earlier bedtime for a while definitely x

Offline 1stimer

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 14:19:35 pm »
I haven't noticed any new teeth but I haven't stuck a finger I there to see if I can feel any. He seems to do ok when I lay on the floor next to the crib. It seems more like a type of separation anxiety for sure. My mom was here the other day and s oh nice I was busy explain to dd why plastic swords don't go in the potty, my mom changed ds diaper and pUT him down for a nap...he didn't make one peep. The next day me and dh both tried and he freaked out....

[/url]

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 19:21:11 pm »
It could just be one of those things and a phase that will pass :). I'd offer extra reassurance if he needs it for now and hopefully things will settle on their own before too long x

Offline 1stimer

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 20:08:58 pm »
Sounds like good advice to me...thanks!!

[/url]

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 07:58:36 am »
No problem x