Author Topic: Tiny baby unable to self sooth  (Read 740 times)

Offline crazyara

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 09, 2016, 15:06:32 pm »
Hello-
My DS is also having a hard time in self settling - he cannot be calmed down by sitting still for 3 minutes - so I should hold him in my arms and rock him for minutes which leads to his eyes shut.
Then, according to the advice above, I try to lay him not too deep asleep. He sometimes opens his eyes and sometimes he doesn't but he resettles and go to sleep.
When he feels uncomfortable and starts to cry, Shush-Pat does not work - I hold him and go through the wind down process again and it doesn't take long.

My concern is that if I eventually fail to help him sleep all by himself and spoil him that he needs my rocking to sleep. I don't think my wrist and arms can stand it.
Could you give opinion if I am doing all right and recommend if there is other method for wind down such a spirited baby?

Thank you for reading my humble languaged question! ;)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 15:09:38 pm by crazyara »

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 07:48:13 am »
Can you let me know who old is your baby honey?

Sorry that your post was missed! It was just in a thread which was already answered that's why it's good to open a new thread if you have any questions:)! So I have split your post from the old thread so we can have discussion separetelly!
~Marta