Author Topic: Help alone at home and 14.5 mo battles at bt!!!  (Read 744 times)

Offline Suvito

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Help alone at home and 14.5 mo battles at bt!!!
« on: March 17, 2016, 21:14:22 pm »
Hey everyone,

I really hope you can help me as I'm home alone for the another week and going slightly crazy.
My LO was always a good sleeper but as its been a while he had bt problems as well as night waking and Early wakings I chose to transition from 2 to 1 nap.
It went quite well and for nearly a week he turned back into the 'good' sleeper who doesn't need my assistance to sleep. Since a few days this is gone and bt is getting horrible with me being with for 1 hour.
I also suspect that he would be much less insisting with his dad....

New day:
8.45 wake up
13.50 nap
16/16.30 wake up
21 Bt

In this hour I tried to be calm and put him down every time he would stand up, but it just seemed to wake him up even more and a few times he was laughing (red flag for me!)... So I tried sitting in the room in the dark and every time he cried and said to him to go to sleep. That didn't work neither so I went back to put him down again and after a while he got more tired and it finally worked. I'm exhausted and it took him 1 hour  :o
Can you give me some advices what is the right thing to do? I'm quite 'good' with executing a chosen way (that's why Tracy always worked for me) but I'm not useful for having good ideas by myself. Or at least I need to be sure I'm doing the right thing...
Thank you everyone. I really need help as Im alone these days and can't back off and let someone else handle it.
Bye
Susi

Offline Emami

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 41
Re: Help alone at home and 14.5 mo battles at bt!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 12:24:16 pm »
Hi susi! Hugs for doing it alone for a while, my DH works away sometimes and is usually not home for BT during the week and it can be a struggle!

I just want to clarify his BT. When you say he is taking an hour to settle is that you putting him down at 9 pm and he doesn't sleep until 10? Or he goes down at 8pm but doesn't sleep until 9?

If you're putting him down at 8pm I'd say he definitely needs a longer day to be tired enough at night. Otherwise he's doing a less than 12hrs day including a long nap.  If you're putting him down at 9pm and don't want his BT to get later I think the nap needs capping a bit. I know he's only recently gone to one nap, but even so he's getting a lot of day sleep. Maybe try 2hrs and see if he settles better for bed.
Emma