Author Topic: let him sleep or wake to feed?  (Read 1562 times)

Offline FPT23

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 18
let him sleep or wake to feed?
« on: March 17, 2016, 22:14:24 pm »
Hi!

I have a question!

Do you believe in "letting baby sleep" or do you all still wake to feed?

My boy is 1 month and I still wake and for cluster feeds as well in the evening I wake more. Is this ok? I also want to ty and stick to EASY but as you know it's very early and not predictable just yet. With another toddler at home I've given into AP ...just to get by. (Rocking, nursing to sleep on occasion, paci, swings etc)

Suggestions on all this? Also, around when does the day get more predictable? Will they fall into their own pattern of napping or it is something I have to encourage and do? My sons school schedule makes it a bit difficult so I was wondering how it can all or will map out.

Thank u
Fabi

Offline Lindsay27

• Showing Appreciation 78
Re: let him sleep or wake to feed?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 23:44:49 pm »
I am so pro-letting baby sleep lol.  If she's sleeping I don't wake her.  That's just me though, I figure she'll wake when she's hungry etc.  My DD is just over 3 months and we are just starting to see a real routine emerg now.  Many mamas here are APing also, we all use slings and carriers and do whatever we need to in order to get through the day, no shame in that.  It ain't nothing that can't be fixed later!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 21:41:46 pm by Lindsay27 »

Offline FPT23

• Showing Appreciation 18
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 00:54:26 am »
Lindsey thanks for the reply!

I'm so sorry to hear about the bad part of your day But super excited for your daughter and her naps! When you hear her stir, or whine is that when u go place the hand on her? I wonder if that would just awake my baby and rouse!? Hmm... I can be a distraction but he's only 4 weeks! Sending good vibes for Ben!!

Oh well my baby is 4 weeks (1month) and he doesn't take the perfect naps but when he does they are HOURS... He can extend 3-4... That's why. Also, I wasn't sure if my milk had established just right yet. The days are inconsistent. So long stretches scare me that it will diminish my supply or something! I don't know. I don't like to wake him TRUST me... I prefer to chill out w my other toddler as right now our time has been limited with the new baby... But, just wondering. Do you BF currently? Has that worked for you well for nights and supply?

Thank u!
Fabi

Offline Lindsay27

• Showing Appreciation 78
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 21:37:56 pm »
Oh my goodness Hun I am such a spaz!!!  For some reason I thought you wrote this post in the 0-6 month birth club which is why I went on and on about my life and day.  Lordy...I've been really sick and it is very obviously catching up with me ::). Sorry about that!

I am not currently BFing but we have some great BF mods here who could help you if you are worried about your supply over those long stretches.  It is really quite normal for a 4 week old to sleep crazy stretches during the day, still a sleepy newborn.  Have you checked out our BF board at all?