Author Topic: 5.30am wake up  (Read 6381 times)

Offline H7

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2016, 09:55:36 am »
Really hoping that we get the same. Once settled into 2 naps I'm hoping we'll have a while before any further changes.

Offline H7

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2016, 05:14:27 am »
So last few of days give or take 15/20 mins here or there have roughly looked like this...

5.30 - wake up - chat/doze
7am - out of cot
9.45 - nap
11.15 - wake
2.15 - nap
4.15 wake
7.15/7.30 - bed

So afternoon nap has been 2 hours and ive pushed out the mornig nap by 15 mins and shes still managing her 1hr 30 nap but now she's been waking at 5.30 rather than 5.50.

Just feel at a complete loss because looking at different sample routines etc for a 7 month old her routine seems pretty much right but then she is still waking at 5.30 rather than 7 as all the sample ones suggest.

A friends said yesterday to reduce her day time sleep but I always feel bad waking her from naps as figure if shes sleeping she must need it and there have been days where shes o ly had 2hrs to 2hr 30 naps ad shes still woken at the same time.

If I were to go down the route of reducing her day time naps I'm not sure which to reduce and by how much?

Also with our house move now only just over a week away the 1hr 30 nap time gives me a chance to get stuff done. Wondering if we just wait until we've moved and see if that makes a difference.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 06:02:44 am by H7 »

Offline trimbler

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 37
Re: 5.30am wake up
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2016, 19:32:10 pm »
Yeah I wouldn't try to change too much else around the time of the move, enough going on as it is for you all :-* Have you tried extending her last A time to BT at all, that might just help to both push the night a little later and make her a little more tired so she sleeps a little longer in the morning? Some LOs quite like a long last A... Perhaps add just 15mins on at BT to start, see what happens?

Offline H7

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2016, 05:50:35 am »
We have tried longer awake time at the end of the day but found that she is quite unsettled for the first few hours that she is asleep when we do this and she still wakes around 5.30 whether she goes to bed at 6 or 7.45.

Going to just leave everything be until we move house. A few people have also said to me that moving is likely to unsettle her so will see what house moving throws at us.

Offline lily_layne

• Showing Appreciation 65
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2016, 01:51:59 am »
Going to just leave everything be until we move house. A few people have also said to me that moving is likely to unsettle her so will see what house moving throws at us.
I would do the same in your position. I hope the move goes smoothly :)
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014

Offline H7

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2016, 09:57:40 am »
Still not moved and still have the 5.30am wake up time!

With moving the am nap to 9.45 would you still then let bub sleep for the 1hr 30 or wake up at 11 still? I put her down at 10 yesterday and she slept til 11.30 but that meant she didn't go down for her after on nap til 2.30 and I had to wake her at 4 otherwise bed time would have been too late. Wondering if I need to cap one of the naps. She does seem more grumpy if I wake her early from her morning one to get us places that her afternoon one so maybe I should let the morning one be 1hr 30 and cut the afternoon one to 1hr???

Offline trimbler

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2016, 19:11:51 pm »
I do wonder about pushing out BT a little, especially if,she's happy in the morning? If I'm wrong then she'll likely show definite signs of having been OT at BT and then that would suggest nap capping instead to get that longer night. How would you feel about that?

Offline H7

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2016, 09:11:47 am »
I've been putting her down at 7.15 do you think go later than that?

Offline trimbler

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2016, 18:57:25 pm »
Yes I'd try a bit later, just see what happens... I tended to find that nights got shorter towards transitions, however each of mine seemed to have a different limit as to how short their night could get before needing to cap naps. You may well be at that nap capping stage already, but since she's doing lovely naps, I reckon you might be able to stretch that last A a bit, in the hope that you move the A she has at 5:30am to the evening ;) You could try BT at 7:30pm to start, and move later in 15min increments until you either see clear signs of OT (in which case we rethink and start capping one of the naps) or she starts waking later in the morning. The hope would be to both lengthen her night and shift it later, by getting her a little more tired before BT, if that makes sense.