Author Topic: 21 month old no longer wants to go to bed!  (Read 902 times)

Offline Katebydesign

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
21 month old no longer wants to go to bed!
« on: March 26, 2016, 00:26:43 am »
As you can tell from my previous posts, our issue has ALWAYS been EW. Our DD has always gone to sleep in her crib so well.  However, since the time change, we've had a very difficult time with her.

We put her to bed and she will toss and turn, talk, yell, and throw out her pacifiers, pillow, stuffed animals, etc. for FOUR HOURS every night.  I would usually chalk it up to a phase, but since it's been two weeks I am really scared this is now a "thing".

Can someone take a look at her schedule and see if and what I should tweek?

WU 6am
Nap 11:30-1:30
BT 7:00

Also, in regards to her throwing the pacifiers out of the crib....is my only solution ditching them for good?  Right now we go in immediately and place them back in the crib without acknowledging her. She does it almost 7 times a night until she finally passes out.  I know it's a game to her, but I also know she won't fall asleep without it. It's a crutch, but she's a terrible sleeper so we're still surviving.

I brought her to the doctor today to rule out ear infection, UTI, and anything else. Nada.

Help, I'm going crazy!

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: 21 month old no longer wants to go to bed!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 02:22:55 am »
We actually got rid of DD1's soother because she started tossing it to get us in the room (she was 2.5 though and had a few minutes of fuss and then did not really care - she never had a lovey either, just did not get attached to stuff like that). How long has she been on her current routine? Any new developmental stuff? Teeth?
Heidi

Offline Katebydesign

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 16:18:18 pm »
Thanks for the reply!  She has been on the same routine for about 6 months. We tried to stick to the same routine after the time change.  Eye teeth are coming in too, but they have all poked through.  Blah - it could be so much. 2 weeks seems like a long time for teeth issues.

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 16:28:56 pm »
Well I can say the 2 year molars bothered my DD1 on and off for 6 months so it is possible...and the eye teeth were the worst for DD3. What was her routine prior this one? Just thinking perhaps she needs a tad less daytime sleep?
Heidi