Author Topic: Needing MSPI baby food brands  (Read 4202 times)

Offline HungryHippo

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 28, 2016, 03:25:41 am »
My 3rd baby has been on Elecare since 4 weeks old for suspected MSPI & is now 7mos.  I haven't been doing well at keeping a log of his baby food reactions & I feel he is reacting and want to a) narrow down what he's reacting to & b) not feed him brands that may be contaminated with dairy or soy.  Is there a list available of 'safer' brands?  I perished the links (I've been on here for sleep since #1!!) but missed it if it did exist.  Once upon a time I made baby food from scratch but with 2 under 2 & it just being me during the week it's hard to accomplish.  TIA

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: Needing MSPI baby food brands
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 15:45:49 pm »
Canadian, US, UK and Australian MSPI Safe Foods

Hi, is this the link? I imagine they are pretty out of date so you would need to check the ingredients to double check x

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Needing MSPI baby food brands
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 18:07:44 pm »
A lot of parents now don't make special foods just for baby but instead serve up something they are having for dinner which means no extra cooking. Obviously you'd have to avoid dairy in the cooking or just serve up the veggie sides if you were having something with dairy in as the main.  It's relatively quick to make a single protein portion by boiling an egg or making omelet or even serving pre-cooked (no salt or sugar) beans from a can such as kidney beans, or boiling a few small chunks of chicken breast for instance. Cooking for baby doesn't need to be lots of prep and time in the kitchen making big batches of puree.

Offline weaver

• Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 19:08:10 pm »
Hey hun, just to echo creations - I've never made 'baby food' for either of mine, they ate no processed food, so there was no need to be careful of ingredients. I knew exactly what was in there.  I'm dairy free myself, and it's much easier and more reliable to eat food I cook - eat anything in a packet I need to be super vigilant about.
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.