Author Topic: A times?  (Read 1283 times)

Offline N_Mom_S

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: April 17, 2016, 13:12:34 pm »
I have a question about A times: when should I start counting after he wakes up in the morning? He wakes up early and stays happily in his crib, and sometimes I don't know what time he woke up. Other times he stays awake in the crib with his eyes closed. Should I start counting after he opens his eyes, or after I notice he's kind of awake? He's almost 5mo and he's been having 2h A time, but lately I feel like he needs more A time in the mornings, I don't know if it's because of that. Any thoughts? :)

Offline trimbler

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 37
Re: A times?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 20:27:45 pm »
I never even know if eyes are open (pitch black!) so never used that as an indicator. I tended to use a kind of 'half A time' rule for that time in the cot lying awake calmly before getting up properly. So, if he wakes around 6am (or you think he might have done) but wriggles around, chats, seems to try to go back to sleep perhaps or whatever, and you don't get him up until 7am, then you could try counting that hour as just worth half an hour. So then if you're aiming for 2h then he could go down again at 8:30am. As he gets older I'd just start the clock from when he actually gets up, but opinion seems to vary quite a lot on this sort of thing - probably because every LO is different ;)

Offline N_Mom_S

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 21:07:46 pm »
Thank you!!!  :)

Offline trimbler

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 37
Re: A times?
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 23:20:26 pm »
You're welcome :)