Author Topic: Trouble with naps - 16 week baby  (Read 2920 times)

Offline ameliebob

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2016, 23:40:14 pm »
Now, he is 14mo, I just told my DH that it's somewhat sad that he cannot fall asleep with me
My son is exactly the same!! wish we could cuddle to sleep sometimes but it seems impossible for him he just wants to play :P

Offline tathi-b

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2016, 07:33:58 am »
Sorry for taking a while to come back. I was travelling with Baby. If her sleep wasn't broken this may do it! 15 hours on a plane and 7 hours time difference. It's the middle of the night and so long she has done really well, only woke up once for a couple of hours and a feed.

I'm thinking that the best way to tackle this, given I'm now away from home for 2 weeks, might be to go with the flow a bit. Not expect her to sleep as well as she used to. I'll keep her in the feeding schedule though. Hopefully this 4 month madness with either end soon!

What do you ladies think?

X

Offline tathi-b

• Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2016, 12:21:21 pm »
Sorry for taking a while to get back online! We were on a long flight and then resettling her.

I wanted to share a success story!

I'm not sure if it was the 15 hour flight that dos it but something has definitely clicked and her sleep has improved so much over the past few days!

I've been trying an app called Sound Sleeper which seems to be helping her a lot. It has a shush sound. It's as if she's hypnotised when I put it on, her little eye start closing and she starts relaxing! I've tried it for 2 days now and she has slept well. When she starts waking up I turn it back in (wake to sleep) and she doesn't even wake up! Last night she only woke up once but I didn't even have to lift her from the cot. She was awake for about 40 minutes but didn't cry, just shuffled in the cot and slept again. She kept on waking herself up but would sleep again with no tears.

I've taken her back to a 3 hour EASY. Such a long flight has clearly made her very tired, despite sleeping a lot during the flight itself.

The interesting thing to me is that her sleep cues have changed. She doesn't yawn anymore, I can see her starting to get agitated and more vocal. But where a few weeks ago she would give the clear yawn of tiredness now it's legs and arms everywhere. So for the moment we are going by the clock; an hour and 15 minutes and I start winding her down. It's worked well so far but it's only 2 days so not getting sassy about it!

Maybe we are turning a corner?

Xx

Offline Bella89

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 15
Re: Trouble with naps - 16 week baby
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2016, 19:46:04 pm »
Congrats!!!
Tackling such a trip with such a time difference is a huge thing!!

I'm glad you're doing well. Sometimes it's just like that. Time goes and they're changing... Knowing her signs it's an important thing :)

PS. It took me a while to get back to you as well. Sorry for that :(

Offline tathi-b

• Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2016, 00:20:00 am »
We got very lucky with the trip! She was pretty good on the flight, slept about half the flight in small intervals which I felt was pretty good!

We are out here to see family so have a much more fluid schedule but she is sleeping through to 4am. And the nap resistance seems to have lessened since I started which the shush app. I'll let you know how it goes when we get back home!x

Offline Bella89

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 15
Re: Trouble with naps - 16 week baby
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2016, 07:21:59 am »
have a great trip! :)