Author Topic: 33 mo lo waking earlier every day?  (Read 1159 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: March 29, 2016, 13:11:07 pm »
 At this age what causes los to wake early? We were going through a rough time with not wanting to be left alone to sleep. We are getting through that with leaving the door open and light on dim. Even then sometines he still needs me to stay. But he sees cranky and tired by nighttime but not falling asleep until around 8 and every morning waking a bit earlier. He usually does 12 hours but lately it's 11.5 then 11 then today under 11. Any suggestions?

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 17:08:19 pm »
OT, OS, develeipmental leap - isn't your LO going through any of this?
~Marta

Offline Emami

• Showing Appreciation 41
Re: 33 mo lo waking earlier every day?
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 17:40:57 pm »
How long has he been waking earlier for?  Could it be the lighter mornings? My DD1 never seemed to sleep any different during the year when she was a baby, but the summer she was 3, and now that she's 4, she slept less in summer despite having blackouts. Could just be a natural response to more light
Emma

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 20:41:34 pm »
I finally got him to bed at 730 last night and he slept his usual 12 hrs which was great. He does seem to be very grouchy and temperamental and very wild/active in afternoon so I'm not sure what's going on.

Offline Lindsay27

• Showing Appreciation 78
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 20:44:32 pm »
My DS was a chronic EWer basically from 6 months until he was near 3yrs.  Nothing I did routine wise changed that so eventually I just learned to live with it and eventually around 3yrs it just fixed itself.  There was probably a period of time where dropping the nap was having an impact.  I also found that the more OT he was the more prone he was to EW.

Does he nap?

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 22:16:21 pm »
No he stopped napping 6 months ago. He doesn't normally ew but lately his behavior is off too.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2016, 11:09:47 am »
Now in addition to the ews we are getting nws too! Hes never done this before. Last night he woke crying at 230 and went in and stayed with him but he didn't fall back to sleep until almost 4! I'm sure I'll have a tired toddler today not I'm going to get him to normal bedtime at 730. Any digestives what it could be?

Offline Emami

• Showing Appreciation 41
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2016, 17:02:44 pm »
Honestly, I think you've been really lucky if you haven't had to deal with NWs before! Even the best, most independent sleeper is going to have blips.  Sometimes it's a case of being consistent and riding it out rather than 'fixing' it.

Any digestives what it could be?
Marta and I had some suggestions, do you think any of those could be factors?
Emma

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2016, 12:09:11 pm »
When lo is waking earlier everyday how do you get them back on track? Do you get them to bed earlier at night ?  Or just wait it out until they start sleeping later on their own.

Offline Lindsay27

• Showing Appreciation 78
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2016, 14:34:52 pm »
It really depends, my DS could never do EBTs because he never tacked on so it just meant he was up even earlier in the morning.  For us I just let it ride and it eventually fixed itself somewhere near 3yrs.  That said he still only does a 10.5hr night...he wasn't that kid who dropped the nap and magically started sleeping 12hrs at night.