Author Topic: Order of transitions for 2yo? +toddler bed +sibling +gro-clock  (Read 931 times)

Offline Aromy

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Hello Mamas (&Papas),

I'm expecting baby #2 in a matter of days now! My LO is now 2yrs3mo, and she's still sleeping in a crib with a sleep sack. She is still too small to climb out or she hasn't even tried. We have no complaints as she sleeps through usually 11-12hrs at night, unless unwell.

I know we have to transition her eventually, I just don't know what order to do things in. Does anyone have any recommended order of things to do first?

-Removing the side of her crib.
-Teaching her about the sun/moon on the Gro-clock. (Has yet to be plugged in.)
-Wait for the arrival of #2.

Any ideas or sharing your own experiences would be happily welcome! Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Offline weaver

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
Re: Order of transitions for 2yo? +toddler bed +sibling +gro-clock
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 16:47:48 pm »
No need to go into the big bed, unless there is a compelling reason, IMO. It's good to maintain as much as usual as you can. My LO1 was 2yr 1mo when LO2 was born and stayed in a cot for another year and a bit. LO2 will be 4 in two months and is still in a cot, no rush.
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
Re: Order of transitions for 2yo? +toddler bed +sibling +gro-clock
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 17:46:40 pm »
I'd leave as much as possible the same as you head into this period of transition for her. It will be a big change becoming a sister and if she's sleeping well, you'll have one less thing to worry about!
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015