Author Topic: Assistance with walk in walk out please!  (Read 979 times)

Offline hayleystar

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 31, 2016, 23:27:35 pm »
Hi everyone, I'm just after some clarification with walk in walk out for my daughter please.  She is 16 months old.

We have had many sleep and nap issues but finally her sleep was ok. The last 2 months though she has been waking up between 4 and 5am.after trying to resettle for over a week and nothing working I decided to feed her, after this feed she went right back to sleep until around 7.  Unfortunately she now wakes every morning around 4/4am and I have to give her a bottle before she resettles.  I have decided to stop this so this morning when she woke I did walk in walk out. She woke at 4.49am. I went in, lay her down said night night time and left. I did this every time her cries escalated but often she just lay in her cot groaning and Sounding like she was trying to resettle but she never did. At 6am my husband got her up for the day, he gave her a bottle which she skulled and then was happy (but not for long after being up so early).

My questions are
1 - is it possible that she is actually hungry at that time? She seemed like she wanted to settle but just couldn't. She eats well in the day so I would have thought that would be enough.

2 - is it ok to get her up at 6am or should we continue the walk in walk out? I just don't think she will settle.

Our day is like this
4/5am wake bottle in cot then back to sleep
7am up for the day
12.30 bottle and nap for 1.5 - 2 hours
7.30 bedtime (I struggle to keep her up this long)!

Thanks for any help!

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: Assistance with walk in walk out please!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 02:18:11 am »
Why not do an earlier bed time? Many kids do well with it when they switch to one nap as a temporary thing to help with OT. At her age hunger is probably the last thing I would blame for an ew (except for the habit part really of being fed at that time). Possibly a bit of wake to sleep might help get her out of that habit too!
Heidi

Offline hayleystar

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 08:42:22 am »
Thank you for your reply. I have tried (and she prefers) an earlier bedtime but anything before 7 results in her waking at 3am and staying awake for several hours 😕😕.

I have never had much luck with wake to sleep but perhaps will give it a go

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 21:01:41 pm »
Ack no we don't want those kind of wake ups! I would give W2S a go, perhaps it will shift her sleep pattern to get her past that time without waking.
Heidi