Author Topic: Up with the larks!! Help!  (Read 819 times)

Offline Gairdinalainn

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 01, 2016, 07:24:02 am »
Wondering if anyone can give me any tips for early morning wake ups! My Lb has been waking anywhere between 4.50 and 6.30 for the last 3-4 weeks. He doesn't have a feed overnight anymore and did about 2 weeks of sleeping until 7 before this. He is ff and is six months old today actually! I did pupd a while back to get rid of the dummy and teach him to self soothe and he goes down now like a dream. The clock change didn't help things either! Also we are doing BLW so the meals are just tasters of whatever he manages to get in his mouth!
Below is The last two days and this morning:

Awake 5.10
Left him in cot and he cried on and off, fell back asleep at 6.30
Awake 7.05
Bottle 7.15
Breakfast 8am
Nap 9.50-12
Bottle 12.15
Lunch 1.15
Nap 3-4.50
Bottle 5.pm
Dinner6.15pm
Bottle 7.30 and into cot after
Asleep at 8.10

Awake 6.15
Bottle 7am
Breakfast 8am
Nap 9.15-11am
Bottle 11.30
Lunch 12.30
Nap 2-4.15
Bottle 4.30
Dinner 5.45
Bottle at 6.45 dozed while having this bottle woke fully when I put him down.
Bed at 7.00 asleep at 7.20

This morning:
Woke at 4.50am!
Happily awake in his cot, started crying at 6.30 have him bottle and he dozed while having it and kept falling asleep, stayed asleep in my arms until 7.25 and then up for the day.

Any pointers??? Thanks  in advance oh wise ones! X

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Up with the larks!! Help!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 15:46:45 pm »
Just as a first and easy thought - have you tried just feeding at that time and putting him straight back down?  There is a big growth spurt around 6 months and if he's not getting much extra nutrition from solids in addition to all of his milk (which is the more important part at this age) he may just genuinely be too hungry to sleep soundly in the early morning hours.  Most babies would still be having a dream feed or night feed at this age x

Offline Gairdinalainn

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 17:55:27 pm »
Thanks for your reply! I did think of that but the fact that he wakes up happy and doesn't cry out for ages u til closer 7am which would be his bottle time I'm reluctant to introduce a night feed again as such. I know I'm a really lucky to have him sleeping all night at this age but due to the happy waking and also putting himself back to sleep again I feel it might be more of a routine issue?

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Up with the larks!! Help!
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 05:59:25 am »
It *may* be too much daytime sleep robbing from his nights, though I'd go cautiously reducing daytime naps at this age, taking it slowly and then seeing what happens.  At the moment he's having about 4 hours so I would try reducing that say to 3.5h (roughly one 1.5h nap and one 2h nap) by waking him from one of his naps, ideally not both.  Stick to that for a week and then see where it gets you x

Offline Gairdinalainn

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 19:49:34 pm »
Great thank you that has crossed my mind too. I'll give it a go and see thanks!