Author Topic: Bedtime feed & EBT  (Read 1663 times)

Offline Scottishmummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 47
Bedtime feed & EBT
« on: March 25, 2016, 18:37:15 pm »
Quick WWYD question: 

If your LO needs EBT do you bring the last feed forward or do put baby to bed & wake to feed/DF at the normal time?

DD is going through the 3-2 and on 2 nap days needs a 6pm BT instead of her usual 6.45. She's on 4hr breast feeds but on a 6pm BT it's at 5.45 which is only 2hr45 since her 3pm feed. I think this contributes to more NWs as she's not had a full bedtime feed.

Just wondering how other people manage this?
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Bedtime feed & EBT
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 18:55:58 pm »
I just did feed as normal as part of the BT routine.  Really I don't think 45mins will make such a massive difference to cause additional night wakings from hunger.  More likely she's a bit OT on a 2 nap day and so wakes a bit more.  I certainly wouldn't wake 45 mins after putting her to bed, that's likely to upset the sleep cycles.  Hang in there, it will come right :)

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 20:01:55 pm »
I also just did the BT feed as part of the WD regardless of how long it had been since he last ate.  Even if he'd had a feed an hour or two before I'd still give him his BT feed.  Then I did the DF (although ours was an awake feed so NF) at the same time as normal unless he woke earlier for it.

Offline Scottishmummy

• Showing Appreciation 47
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 09:07:09 am »
Thanks both.  I do BT feed early as part of BT routine. With a 6.30pm feed, she would usually then not need a feed until 10.30 or so (I don't DF as she wakes for a feed around then) but on 2 nap days she wakes earlier - anytime from 8.30 onwards. I am trying not to feed before 10.30 but make it 10pm on 2 nap & EBT days as I have usually been resettling for at least an hour by then.  Maybe I should just feed her when she wakes but her nights are not great at best of times and I'm trying to stop night snacking & reduce night feeds. If I feed at 9pm she tends to wake more often, feed more and then eat less in the morning.

Looking forward to getting through the 3-2. It feels like she's often OT or UT at the moment as she alternates 2 & 3 nap days. She SS to sleep at night, has started solids so I'm hoping getting through the 3-2 might reduce NWs... But then will need to wean off night feeds too probably. Always something else to get through! Sorry for rambling, thanks for your input xxx

« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 09:11:52 am by Scottishmummy »
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD