Author Topic: Major jet lag?  (Read 1120 times)

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Major jet lag?
« on: April 02, 2016, 03:11:45 am »
Hi all,

On Tuesday we returned from a six day stint in TO and my 12 month old seems to have had his butt kicked by the time change on the way back.  It's now Friday and he is constantly tired; sleepy eyes, sucking thumb, ready for bed an hour earlier.  He did just recently cut his molars through but that would make him irritable, not sleepy.  Has anyone else had this experience with their LO's? 

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Major jet lag?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 06:36:57 am »
Gonna move you to TS hun ;)

How big is the time difference?  As a rule I think they say a day to adjust for each hour difference x

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 07:04:55 am »
My sister used to do the UK/Aus trip yearly when her children were little & she found her children always adjusted better than her & she found that it was 1 sleep period for 1 hour time difference, so when her children were on 1 nap they took 1 day for ever 2 hours change. So depending on how far difference the change was (thinking if you are in British Colombia & you went to Toronto - not sure much about Canada but thinking 3-4 hours difference) he should be adjusted pretty quickly
I would have also thought that you'd not get that much change from a 6 day away trip (or you'd get it both ways) so I wonder if it is a growth spurt that is making him more tired rather than the travel.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 16:39:49 pm »
Being that it is only a 3 hour time difference I agree with Kate that perhaps the trip back just coincided with a gs (or perhaps he is coming down with something??).
Heidi

Offline lauradj

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 17:26:01 pm »
Ok, that's good to hear.  It is only a 3hr time difference, that's why we were so surprised.  He seems to be coming out of whatever it was now.  DH let him nap for 3 hrs yesterday afternoon and he still went to bed at the usual time and STTN.  I hope it's a growth spurt because if it's a cold it's going to be a doozy!!

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2016, 21:48:51 pm »
Totally sounds like DD3's last gs! Poor kid who normally sleeps from 8 pm to 7:30am and doesn't nap was moaning and asking for bed at 6 pm!
Heidi

Offline lauradj

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2016, 22:43:39 pm »
 :o  Wow, that's quite the stretch!  I guess we'll have to wait and see what new skills pop up in the next week, that's usually how I know.

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 02:03:03 am »
Fx that is all it is!
Heidi