Author Topic: 9.5 months - 2 to 1 already??  (Read 842 times)

Offline haleytreat

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 02, 2016, 19:27:52 pm »
My little girl is 9.5 months. She is on 3.5 A time (but actually can handle longer if out and about - most part angel baby). I am feeling like I need to tweak her routine a little since naps are getting close to bedtime with the longer A times.

typical the routine is this
WU - 7AM
S - 1030 - 1130 (i cap this)
S - 230/3 - 330/4 (sometimes I cap this too so she will go to bed at 7)
BT - 7

She has starting to wake at night sometimes. BUT she has had a cold or it could be teething too so not 100% it has to do with sleep. But my concern is i feel like I am always waking her and not letting her get a good nap in. But if I do let her sleep then it gets too late in the day for the second nap.  I don't think we are ready for one nap but I am confused how to tweak the schedule so she can get good naps in and still go to bed at 7.

should I let her sleep as long as she wants in morning and cap pm nap or visa versa?

Thank you!

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 9.5 months - 2 to 1 already??
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 06:40:59 am »
Exactly!  Choose one nap to keep long, and one to gradually reduce.  It doesn't matter which way you go, I preferred long am with mine as that fitted better for the day and I felt like I'd got a good nap in rather than risking two bad ones, but it works equally well with a long pm nap for lots of people. 

I'd try
WU 7
S 10.30-11.15 (wake at 45 mins)
S 2/2.15 (likely to need shorter A time) uncapped
BT 7/7.30

I'd give consideration to a longer day too actually, many LOs stretch out to a 13h day before dropping naps to fit in enough A time and naps before they can handle the long awake times properly x

Offline haleytreat

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 13:01:35 pm »
Thank you! yesterday i let her sleep as long as she wanted and she slept 2.5 hours! but then wouldn't take a PM nap and slept 645-645  :o

I actually like your idea of letting her sleep as long as she wants in the morning and then just capping the PM nap. I think i'll try that first. that way I know she got at least one nap really good. I feel when I try to cap all of then then she takes two bad naps :-\

I also like your idea of making the day a tad longer too. Thank you!

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: 9.5 months - 2 to 1 already??
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 15:15:41 pm »
Agree with everything you have both said - that is exactly what we had to do when Olly started to drop the cat nap - good luck!