Author Topic: Nosiest Baby in Town...  (Read 888 times)

Offline shinysarah

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Nosiest Baby in Town...
« on: April 04, 2016, 08:03:15 am »
My LO is 13 weeks this week and sometimes sleeps through and sometimes wakes for 1 feed then settles (loudly!!!!!) back off to sleep, that I'm completely fine with and here's the but-she's SO noisy from about 2.30am onwards.  I keeps me awake and it's even keeping my husband awake and he sleeps through everything!!
So I'm suppose I'm asking-what age do we realistically put our LOs in their own room? I know 6 month is recommended..with my DSs it was around 4 months and my other LO was around 5 months. Just wanted you thoughts?
PS I need to add I don't know if I could put her in her own room yet as I'm not sure I'm ready to be away from her but I wanted to know your thoughts on when we realistically do it?

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Nosiest Baby in Town...
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 11:15:52 am »
Both my boys have been noisy sleepers but DS2 at 9 weeks is by far the noisest and from same time in the early hours as you get it.

With DS1 he went in his own room at 14 weeks but we got a breathing sensor monitor as I was worried about it. DS 2 will prob stay with us a bit longer so as not to disturb big bro.
My DH puts an ear plug in but I can't bring myself to do that lol!
Zoe

Offline weaver

• Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 11:32:16 am »
Please check local SIDS guidance. It is usually advised to have babies share a room to six months at the youngest.
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.

Offline shinysarah

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 13:07:13 pm »
Yep I know it's 6 months but just wanted some honest opinions about what and how we all do it! Or cope with it!!!

Offline shinysarah

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 14:34:27 pm »
Ear plugs for hubby may be a great idea!!!!!

Offline weaver

• Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 19:44:29 pm »
Hi Sarah, my first reply was a bit brief because I have a sick LO at the mo and a bigger one to keep up with. I do
Think it's important to remember the SIDS guidelines before making an informed choice. For us, to maximise sleep all round we rearranged our sleeping entirely - and made an extra adult space elsewhere (where it was quiet). If you have a spare room or even a living room couch it's worth thinking about DH or you taking turns sleeping with baby. I realised part of my wakefulness was concern for OHs sleep (he was fine but I still worried). I slept much better on my own with LO.  But you will whatever suits your family best.
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.