Author Topic: 1 year keeps standing up rather than sleeping. HELP!  (Read 750 times)

Offline Hannah_t

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
1 year keeps standing up rather than sleeping. HELP!
« on: April 27, 2016, 13:39:54 pm »
My 1 year old has always gone down for his naps well, but has had trouble sleeping through the night. I went back to work when he was 11 months old, and he started waking for long periods at night and standing up, crying. I have tried the shh/pat method, the sitting further away each night method and the leave the room for short periods method. I lie him down, but he just pops back up again. All result in between 2 and 6 hours awake at night, and now he has started doing the same for naps. Today I have left him crying as I have my toddler to look after, and I really don't know what else to do. Any advice please. I feel so guilty leaving him, but as nothing else is working what else can I do????? HELP please.

Offline Bella89

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 15
Re: 1 year keeps standing up rather than sleeping. HELP!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 15:13:19 pm »
Hi there,
I don't have much advice, but all I can tell you is - it's a developmental phase and you just need to get through it.
We had the same time when DS started walking and it lasted 2.5 weeks I think. They just need to proccess whatever is going on in their brains:/
Comfort him as much as you can, talk to him explaining that he needs to lay down and sleep, that you're there...
Hope it gives you the light at the end of the tunnel <hugs>