Author Topic: 6 mo will only sleep if just been fed  (Read 2228 times)

Offline Ruby86

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 6 mo will only sleep if just been fed
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2016, 10:04:20 am »
Hi Creations, back again I'm afraid and I am hoping you can help me again.

SO we have got rid of the neededing to feed before sleep and we are down to just water after a solid feed. However, the night wakenings are just horrific. I feed her every 3 hours at night but sometimes she wakes after only 1.5-2 hours. I soothe her to sleep and she goes down but does this every night. I try shh pat as she sleeps next to me in her cot but she ends up screaming. So because we have so many night wakenings she is so tired in the day and we get her to a 3 hours A time but is a nightmare to get to sleep so gets seriously OT and only sleeps for 30 mins. How can I break this cycle? I am contemplating driving around for the next 2 days for every nap so that she gets good sleep in the day and then start from there. What you think?

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2016, 08:58:39 am »
Any sign of teething?
Often LOs seem fine in the day but the nights are awful, it seems much harder to get through a night in pain than a day when there are many distractions around (including a lot more attention from parents etc, more touch etc in the day).
Maybe try some pain meds before night sleep?

If she's having a decent amount of milk in the day she really shouldn't need to be fed every 1.5-2hrs at night so those NWs are unlikely to be hunger. More likely teething pain or habitual.
Remind me, did she used to sleep through the night (with 1 or 2 feeds)?

If it is routine related then all I can suggest is getting her to her full A time so that naps are decent and help to fix the night.

Offline Ruby86

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2016, 18:57:55 pm »
I don't think it's teething I think it's habitual. As she wakes and as soon as I pick her up (shh pat doesn't work) she is fine with a quick back rub and back down she goes, to sleep. I am thinking it is because she is having bad naps but it is getting in to a bad cycle.

She wakes pretty early around 6am and I do struggle to get to the 3h A time because she seems tired and cranky by 2h. I end up holding her for the last hour trying to get there but then she is a nightmare to go down as OT and naps for 30 mins. Then naps bad all day so nighttime is bad 😩😩

Im so confused about what to do with the first nap as she seems so tired shortly after waking first thing.

She has never slept through. In fact she has only done 4h stretches at night a handful of times. It's always been 2h feeds now 3h. Im ok with the 3h feeding (wish it was 4h but I'll live) it's the waking in between that kills me.

Really appreciate the advice so thank you

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2016, 09:31:48 am »
Have you tried to resettle the 6am WU?
Are you in with her during nap 1 to resettle as soon as she stirs, or to do a W2S?  How long are your trying to resettle for before giving up on the nap?