Author Topic: How to get the day started for 3 month old...  (Read 1197 times)

Offline BabyA0105

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
How to get the day started for 3 month old...
« on: April 07, 2016, 12:14:22 pm »
My DS is usually asleep between 7:30pm-8:30pm, will do a 5-6 hour stretch and wake up around 1-2am, and then will wake up again around 4-5am and then again sometime around 6-7am. I will feed DS at the 6-7am waking but he always falls back asleep for another 1-2 hours. Am I supposed to just let him sleep? Was 6-7am his true wake time and nursing just makes him sleepy again? I really can't tell but the extra snooze I get is certainty nice. It just makes it hard to start the EASY routine because when he does get up at 8am it would have been less than 3 hours since he last ate. DS is 3 months old by the way. I've tried just turning on lights at the 6-7am waking but he's just so cranky!! What can I do to get us on a more consistent schedule?  He still has trouble connecting sleep cycles for naps so I've just been trying to feed him every 3 hours and keep his wake time between 1.5-2 hours.  We use shush pat to calm him down in the crib and then walk away and he just falls asleep on his own.  Really trying to get him on a schedule but he seems to have something else in mind...any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Re: How to get the day started for 3 month old...
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 12:44:24 pm »
Hi :)
If he's doing 8pm (roughly) to 8am he is doing a lovely 12 hour night which is perfect, you wouldn't want him to wake up  at 6-7am as then his night will be shorter. You can try him and see if he's ready to eat again at 8am, or it is fine to go AEAS for the first cycle of the day.