Author Topic: wake to sleep for early wake up - any success stories?  (Read 1170 times)

Offline H7

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
wake to sleep for early wake up - any success stories?
« on: April 09, 2016, 07:11:23 am »
For almost 2 months now my 6.5 month old has been waking with a 5 in the time. She wakes happy and just chats to her self and lies there lifting her feet, sucking her thumb and dozes back off for 5-10mins bursrs and then wakes again etc and then we get her up at 7 unless of course she starts to get grizzly and we'll go in earlier but in 2 months she's only grizzled in this time 2 or 3 times. At first we were going in and doing the whole it's sleepytime etc but this resulted in her becoming really upset when we left the room again or becoming wide awake and even louder with her chatting. Prior to this she was waking between 7 and 7.30.

I have tried every tweak to routine i can think of .... longer naps shorter naps, earlier bed time later bedtime, later nap in morning earlier nap in morning, drop to 2 nap keep short can't nap and still she won't go past 6am and for a while it has settled at give or take a minute or two 5.50am

So I am tempted to try wake to sleep but wondered if there were any success stories as hubby and I are worried she will wake up completely and then she'll be awake at 4.50 rather then 5.50 which would be far from ideal!!

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: wake to sleep for early wake up - any success stories?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 18:32:44 pm »
If she's waking happy it really does sound like a routine issue to me. Would you like to post your routine so I can have a peek? Sorry I have no experience with w2s but this hopefully will bump your post in case anyone has x

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: wake to sleep for early wake up - any success stories?
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 20:12:41 pm »
Hi sweetie, as you're already getting some great advice on this thread 5.30am wake up I'm going to lock this one to keep everything in one place.