Author Topic: 3yo NW and EW  (Read 935 times)

Offline lolsyb1982

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 34
3yo NW and EW
« on: April 11, 2016, 18:50:13 pm »
DD1 has been waking several times a night for a good few weeks now. She will call out from her bed and as soon as you go in and sit next to her she goes straight back to sleep.
She's also waking early and up at 5.30 most days. Only time she sleeps later is if I've had enough of going into her and she gets in with me.

She dropped her nap about 5/6 months ago. BT is set at 7pm and has been since she dropped the nap. 
She turned 3 at the end of March so could this still be birthday stuff?

Her 4mo sister slept through for the first time last night and rathe than me getting a full nights sleep I'm up sorting her out  ::)
Lauren

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 3yo NW and EW
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 19:30:34 pm »
I'd be tempted to give her a few early bedtimes....a broken 10.5h night here has always been OT.  Does she have a gro clock or similar to reinforce morning wake up time?

Offline lolsyb1982

• Showing Appreciation 34
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 19:40:07 pm »
Yes she has a gro clock which is set for 6am. We've got a bit slack in enforcing it though as sometimes it's easier taking her downstairs so she doesn't wake DD2. She won't sit in her room by herself and play quietly. Once she's up everyone is!
I will try an early night but it's a bit difficult as I'm on my own until 6.30 when DH gets home and trying to do her dinner etc plus DD2 goes to bed 6/6.30.
Lauren

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 06:33:15 am »
Hugs I know it can be hard with two at bedtime.  Can you give DD1 her dinner a bit earlier so that you can then get on and bath them both together around 6?  That's what I do with my two (4y and 22m) who go to bed at about the same time.  Then into PJs and do stories together before settling both?  At that age I did older one first, then younger one but it has changed round a few times depending on who has needed an early bedtime and who was likely to be easier to settle x