Author Topic: Can't get past the dreaded 45min mark  (Read 1067 times)

Offline lolsyb1982

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 34
Can't get past the dreaded 45min mark
« on: April 12, 2016, 21:16:22 pm »
DD2 is almost 5 months now and we've been struggling with the 45 min naps since forever. I have more chance of getting a longer one later on in the day if I wear her but 99% of all naps are 45mins and I have never managed to resettle her. She always wakes up and smiles!!

We had one textbook sleep day last week which looked like the below and I've been trying to replicate ever since with her first A of 2hr15 but every day since has woken after 45mins and is not interested in going back to sleep, even if we're driving etc.

Wu 5.45
Nap 8-9.30
Nap 12-1.20
Nap 3.40-4.20
BT 6.30

More often than not the 2nd nap is also 45 mins and past 2 days I have finally managed to get the 3rd nap to be more like 1.5hrs in the sling.

So yesterday looked something like this

Wu 6.15
Nap 8.30-9.15
Nap 11-11.45 (we was out so she was in the buggy)
Nap 1.30-3 (sling)

How can I get that first nap longer? I'm sure if I cracked that one we would then get a better 2nd nap etc.
Lauren

Offline lauradj

• Showing Appreciation 61
Re: Can't get past the dreaded 45min mark
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 02:58:38 am »
Hi there!

So many parents go through this phase and it can really kick your butt!  I've attached a link to a great sticky you may find helpful, I did!
How Tracy Helped Josie and her Family Get Past 45-Min. Naps!

Offline lolsyb1982

• Showing Appreciation 34
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 19:34:42 pm »
Thanks, I'd already had a read of this.

I just can't work out what her A time needs to be. I think I've tried everything from 2hr to 2.5hr and still she wakes after 45min and just smiles. If she woke up crying I could just give her the dummy and she'd go off again I think.
Do I keep stretching that A time out? She falls asleep ok and usually within a few minutes so I'm puzzled?????

It's just really throwing the day out when it's a short one. She's also EW and having NW early on in the night so I know she's OT by the end of the day.
Lauren

Offline lauradj

• Showing Appreciation 61
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 20:09:15 pm »
If she's having lots of EW and NW's then I think she's on a bit of an UT/OT loop, in which case I'd suggest two things.  #1 Give her another small A push, and #2 APOP to get a couple of good naps.  Put her a baby carrier, stroller, go for a long drive, W2S whatever you need to do to get at least one good nap out of her, and that will likely put her on better footing for improved naps. 

Offline ewabear

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 13:06:09 pm »
OMG my DD2 is 4 minths old and we are also stuck. Whether she has 1:45 or 2 h A she sleeps 45 min and I am unable to resettle. I don't want to worry you but DD 1 had her forst long sleep when she was 18 months old. Doesnt it suck having have to think about your baby sleeping so much? Mine does not sleep in her pram hates carrier and is not bothered by being in the car too. Hang in there :)