Author Topic: Nap advice - timings, dummy and shush/pat  (Read 11461 times)

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Nap advice - timings, dummy and shush/pat
« Reply #105 on: June 22, 2016, 08:44:50 am »
Sometimes having a day off track like that can really help to identify unexpected needs - I would certainly try for more than 2hr A before BT in that case.  If you go directly to 3hrs there might be some OT WUs over a few days but if you expect those then it shouldn't come as a surprise and are likely not too hard to resettle.  Otherwise you can increase to say 2hr 30 for a few days and then increase to 2hr 45 and see how nights go.  You want good and tired but not over tired.
It's well worth knowing these things about your LO because it really helps as they get bigger to know what suits them.

Offline Sunnyday01

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #106 on: June 22, 2016, 13:09:52 pm »
Totally agree, as th weejs go by i definitely feel I'm getting to know him better and what he needs. Getting that 2hr + A time is going to be tough on our current EASY routine so going to have to think about timings!

Offline Sunnyday01

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #107 on: June 24, 2016, 07:10:36 am »
I definitely think we are dropping to 2 naps/need longer A time before bed, yesterday he didn't want a late catnap so was awaje from 2.50pm until 6.45pm, fell asleep on his bedtime feed although took the whole amount. Had his dream feed and then woke at 5, resettling took about 30 mins then slept until 6.50am!