Author Topic: A time for 10 week old  (Read 3048 times)

Offline eeleahc

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2016, 17:56:47 pm »
SO GLAD i read these posts!! my DD is 10 weeks and i have a 2.8 year old  ;) I just don't have the time 20-30 min to shh pat her back to independent sleep at the 30-45 min mark! Also when she falls asleep in her car seat, she wakes at the 30 min mark!! so if i take my toddler out for a walk to the park, baby will wake up and i would have to swing the car seat to get her back to sleep, or she just stays awake until 3 hr feed time bit then is tired ... so i feed her before that nap and my whole EASY is thrown off!

She does fall asleep in her bassinet pretty easily on her own, but wakes 30-45 min in. if i babywear her, she squirms at the 30 min mark and i stuff the soother back in and she's out again. but i'm also afraid of her getting used to only sleeping well in my carrier!! how worried should i be of this?

I will try W2S for both bassinet and car seat catnap problems and see what happens. Sometimes she doesn't barely seem hungry at the 3 hr mark and only feeds one side. So perhaps i feed her the other side before her nap to top her up and see if she sleeps longer?

Activity times are varying between 1:10 and 1:30... I can't seem to figure it out either  ???

Offline Scottishmummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 47
Re: A time for 10 week old
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2016, 18:43:43 pm »
Short naps are really common at this age and I wouldn't worry about using the carrier to get some longer ones..and to get out the house with your toddler!

This thread is a little old...if you'd like any help with your EASY, feel free to start a new one.
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline ireneasheard

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 23:24:43 pm »
Right in the middle of catnapping baby atm. So frustrating. Keep him up longer /shorter, none of it makes a difference. It's hit and miss if he does manage to sleep through a day sleep. Hoping it ends soon, the resettling is so frustrating, I don't remember it being so bad with my first. This babe loves catnapping  :(
DS 1: Textbook baby, February 2012. Kind and loving big brother to...
DS 2: Textbook (with a little touchy) baby, April 2016. My smallest and dearest bear.