Author Topic: What to do with the 5am NW  (Read 14032 times)

Offline Lindsay27

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
Re: What to do with the 5am NW
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2016, 11:39:10 am »
Ya Jill did ask about discomfort but I didn't see any obvious signs at the time. That said, last night at 9pm she was inconsolable and she did have a few moments like that yesterday when I was putting her down for naps, and she doesn't normally do that. She does chew on her fingers a lot and drool but that has been happening for about 2 months now, maybe I will try some teething meds just to see. Her poops are fine, she is actually on a lactose free formula already because she had a bad few weeks of diarrhea so she's been on this formula for a while now, at least 2 months I think.

I am going to trial a day or 2 off the Prevacid and see what happens...at least ruling that out.  I am really starting to wonder if it is the problem, I am reading about lots of side effects including awful sleep and bad gas.  We did have 1 or 2 nights where she only had 2 NW and there were 1 or 2 days that I forgot to give her the meds so now I'm wondering if those nights correspond with the days I forgot the meds.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 12:10:38 pm by Lindsay27 »

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2016, 12:53:07 pm »
FPT23 - hmmm DS was sleeping around 3:30-4:00h per day. Was doing two naps of total 3.5 and a apoped catnap of 37min:). So it was around 4h of sleep a day. Just be accident I had an awful day of crappy naps and that was the first night in ages when he didn't had any NW. Next day was even more awful as we were traveling for holidays and another day of crappy naps and another beautiful night... I just started to cap first nap to 45min, let him sleep longer on the midday nap and apoped catnap but a short one (15-20min often). It was tremendously less sleep for him but the routine was great for him. For next 1.5mo until almost 6mo I was having short nap in the morning and then longer 1.5-2h nap and I always apoped a catnap (it was really crucial) of 10-30min depending on second nap and he was STTN for 12h at night with a dreamfeed, 7 till 7. It went downhill with naps later after 6mo when he went to the nursery and was having 3 crappy naps a day. However night remained great. First signs of worse sleep we had around 8-10mo when he was teething or was sick and wonderweeking:).

Lindsay keeping fingers crossed!
~Marta

Offline FPT23

• Showing Appreciation 18
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2016, 13:34:44 pm »
Lindsay,

Hope that works out for you! Xo
Keep us posted and I hope you get some well deserved rest ASAP!

:)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 13:45:17 pm by FPT23 »
Fabi

Offline Lindsay27

« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2016, 16:06:25 pm »
Thanks ladies.  She's an absolute mess today, no doubt exhausted.  She's barely making 2hr A times before needing a nap.  Hopefully this is the answer.  The other thing is, her appetite has been really low.  The last few days I'm struggling to get 2-3oz into her per feed when she used to take 6oz.  I read also that the Prevacid can cause low appetite, but that could also be teeth too...who knows at this point.

Offline FPT23

« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2016, 16:13:12 pm »
Awww I'm so sorry :(

It's no easy task when they are this way is it! You know, one things for sure too... (Aside possible teething too) when they refuse to eat, it could be a sign of illness or not feeling well for sure. Those pesky meds ::)
But you were only trying to help her.

Would getting out of the house help? (If you haven't already) ...when u have a bad start to my morning, I'm out the door. Last thing I want to focus on is A times and naps. I let him snooze away in the stroller all he wants.

Hugs :(
Fabi

Offline Lindsay27

« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2016, 20:43:19 pm »
We just had a quiet day and she took 2 long naps (2hrs and 1.45), she was so wrecked I couldn't bear waking her.  The problem is, because her first nap was so early (and way under our usual A time) her 2nd nap ended at 2pm, so I didn't have a choice but to put her down for a CN at 4:30pm.  So I fear we may now be facing a UT battle tonight.  Gah, I just can't win lol  ::)

Offline FPT23

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2016, 21:35:12 pm »
Heyyyyy she might surprise you and sleep well after all the OT!

Hopefully getting off that medicine helps! You might see a big improvement!

Sending positive vibes <3 !!
Fabi

Offline Lindsay27

« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2016, 10:14:00 am »
Good news! I didn't give her the meds yesterday and she slept from BT (7:30pm) - 12:30am and had a full 6oz feed (she hasn't taken a full feed in days) and then back down until 5:30am...I've resettled her but I'm not super convinced she's going to stay down.  Maybe it was coincidence, or maybe she was just still shattered from the previous bad night, but I am definitely going to keep her off the meds for a few days to see what happens.

This 5:30am WUs though  ::)  >:(. DS woke at 5:30am every day from birth until he was nearly 3.  The bane of my existence!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 10:48:43 am by Lindsay27 »

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2016, 11:05:18 am »
LOL Honey - first start from NWs and than we will solve EWU:)
~Marta

Offline Lindsay27

« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2016, 11:39:17 am »
Haha yes I know :P I am just happy to got to sleep more than an hour in a row!  I actually feel human today!

And she took a full feed again when she woke so I am super happy about that too :)

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2016, 12:22:37 pm »
yup yup hurray hurray:)
~Marta

Offline FPT23

« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2016, 13:55:47 pm »
Sounds good!!!!! So glad to hear :)

Yk, my first did 5am for soooooooo long. I feel your pain ;) hopefully those NWs resolve soon too!

Xo
Fabi

Offline lily_layne

• Showing Appreciation 65
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2016, 02:19:58 am »
Finally found time to catch up on this and I'm so happy to hear you had a better night! Nothing like more than 3h of sleep to make you feel like a new woman :)
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014

Offline Lindsay27

« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2016, 13:31:11 pm »
Nothing like more than 3h of sleep to make you feel like a new woman
Right!? LOL :P

So last night was decent too - BT at 7:30, NF at 1am and EW at 5:45am which I resettled until WU at 6:50am.  So we seem to be back on the 1am & 5ish routine, which...honestly I'm not sure I can even do anything about that.

Offline lily_layne

• Showing Appreciation 65
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2016, 02:55:43 am »
We were on the 1 and 5 routine for quite a while also.
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014