Author Topic: 4 months old naps  (Read 1173 times)

Offline ewabear

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: April 18, 2016, 13:42:58 pm »
Hi, DD 2 is almost 4 months old. She sleeps dreaded 30-45 min naps. I have increased A times to 2h with no result at all. Should I be pushing A further? So far I am unable to resettle her.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 12:56:42 pm by ewabear »

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Re: 4 months old naps
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 03:55:19 am »
Hi there!  Could you write down her full day EASY?  Are there any NW's or EW's happening as well?

Offline ewabear

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 12:39:01 pm »
 Hi, today was pretty crazy:
WU 6:40ish
S.   8:45.    (Awake at 9:20 but resettled)
A.  10:00
S.    11:50
A.    12:20.    (Couldn't resettle her)
S.    14:35.    (I forgot what time she woke up that's why so late)
A.     16:30
BT.   18:30
Asleep at 19:10 as difficult to settle

Usually she doesn't wake up during the night, for one feeding maybe, no EW.
As you can see there is no consistency, this long sleep happened out of the blue.
Ok, i have been waiting 4 days for someone to reply and things get consistently worse. We now have 3 NW and aje progressed to not want to go to sleep at all. As soon as she enters the bedroom she starts screaming and when I move towards the bed it gets worse.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 23:44:32 pm by ewabear »

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
  • Showing Appreciation 250
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 09:55:11 am »
Hey hon- sorry you were missed! It can be tricky at this age- so many changes!! What are you doing to settle her? Are you wrapping her, using a dummy, doing any sort of a settle routine (singing a song, using sleep time words) patting/shhing?
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!

Offline ewabear

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 10:03:03 am »
Hi, Im trying to shush pat with mixed almost no result. It Is getting worse: BT today 18:15 ( bath lullaby, bed shish pat), but she got so upset was placwd in her cot, so I pi ked her up and shiah pat on my shoulder but she seemed to be very agitated. She keeps falling asleep and waking up, it is 20:00 and she isn't asleep! She can roll from back to tummy and seemed to suck her fingers like crazy. Im preparing myself for night from hell. I also have 2,5 year toddler so it is difficult. Doesn't she like her bed as as soon as she is in it she goes ballistic. 9 pm she has been crying for last 30 min, she keeps tossing and turning in bed.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 10:47:38 am by ewabear »

Offline Lindsay27

• Showing Appreciation 78
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 12:05:36 pm »
How old is she exactly?  My DD is 4.5 months and our A times are usually around 2.10hr (just for reference).  I think for right now it might be good to just step back and AP if you need to.  Working on independent sleep can happen at any time so if you need a break take it and if you need to rock her to sleep, hold her, bounce her etc I think do that for a few days so you can both get some rest, then reset.

Offline tathi-b

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 19:57:52 pm »
Hey there,

I feeel your pain! My little girl has just gone through a similar thing a few weeks ago and I felt like there was no end in sight and that we would never get back to a schedule (I canl be quite dramatic when sleep deprived!  ;))

I went the opposite way and took her back into a 3 hour EASY with extra long wind down times (which probably takes us to a 3.5 hour EASY). I also found that she was (and still is) teathing as she too seemed to be sucking on her fingers (when I looked closer she was actually biting them). For the sake of us all getting some shut eye I must admit that there were a few nights where I sat with her until she fell asleep in my arms and then put her down in the cot. But I try not to make a habit of it. The impression I got was that her sleep was a lot lighter and she was waking herself up and then getting frustrated because she couldn't sleep again.

On the plus side my baby's 4 month sleep regression only lasted about  3 weeks. She's back to napping normally during the day. She still wakes up in the night (which she didn't before this regression) but is settling back to sleep much easier than a few  weeks ago.

If you can, maybe try a longer wind down for naps. I think that at this age they start taking more notice of their surroundings and there could be an element of "not wanting to miss out"?:

I hope she sleeps for you!