Author Topic: varying morning wake time makes for diff daily schedule! ?  (Read 834 times)

Offline jbeachwalker

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
varying morning wake time makes for diff daily schedule! ?
« on: April 18, 2016, 18:14:44 pm »
Hello! My 12-week old son Jude wakes at different times every morning. This morning it was 6:20am because he was woken up by my older son. Some mornings Jude will sleep until 8 or 8:30. Other mornings he's up at 7:30 or 7 or 6:30. Generally it's between 6:30-8:30, but that's a big difference! It makes his schedule different every day. He generally needs a nap after being awake for 1.5 hours. I'm feeling frustrated because I never know if it's going to be a bad time (i.e. when Jude needs to be napping) when I have to take my older two sons to childcare and pick them up. Also, I'm concerned  because I feel like he should be getting sleepy around the same times of day to develop a good rhythm. Any thoughts?? Thank you!

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: varying morning wake time makes for diff daily schedule! ?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 12:13:27 pm »
How about waking him by a set time so you can roughly plan the day?  A 30-60 minute window is often good, say not up before 6.30am and wake by 7/7.30am if not woken naturally?  I think if you have others to work round that's probably going to be the best way to handle it :)