Author Topic: How much day and night sleep does (or did) your 13 month old REALLY get?!  (Read 997 times)

Offline ecwinters

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Not sure if this will stop me worrying or make it worse!  But...
I've struggled since DS was born to get him to have the recommended amount of day and night sleep.  I don't actually think he's LSN - he's just very sensitive and literally anything will disrupt his sleep and cause NWs/EWs/short naps - you name it, he does it!!!

He's very nearly 13 months, and from what I've read I think that he should be getting about 13-14 hours sleep per 24.  Despite everything I have tried (and I have tried a lot!) he realistically only gets 10-10.5 hours at night and around 2-2.5 in naps, which on a good day just about adds up OK but otherwise doesn't.  The nights seem particularly short.  And yes, he does get OT  :(

I'd love to know what other 13 month olds did at this age - and did it improve with age!  :)

DH keeps saying that he's still alive so we can't be doing anything terrible but I still worry  ;D

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Mine used to get about 10 at night and 2/3 hours in the day but it used to get shorter at night sometimes and other nights longer.

I used to just try and keep OT at bay with some early bedtimes.
Zoe

Offline lily_layne

• Showing Appreciation 65
My DD was getting about 12-13 hours. Usually 10-11 at night and 1.5-2 in the day. Her naps did get longer as she got older (closer to 2) and her nights stayed the same.
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014

Offline ecwinters

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Oh that's quite encouraging!  I feel that 10 hour nights are a bit rubbish and DS always looks tired after them, but maybe it's just something we have to live with!

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
I think at 13 months mine was on his long nights which were 11-12 hrs with a 2hr nap but the long nights only lasted about a month or so from 11/12 to about 13 months (during nap drop, even a couple of 13hr nights thrown in there but they were very very rare), when that month-ish ended I think he was back to the normal night of more like 10.5hr and a 2hr nap.
Yours doesn't look much different.
FWIW mine started doing great nights after we totally dropped the nap, you are a long way off yet but it's odd how the sleep needs don't change all that much it's just that instead of naps they do it all at night. So mine has done 12hr night since nap drop just after 2.5yo and all the way up to 4.5yo.  Now he does 11/11.5hr night at 5yo.