Author Topic: 17mth waking earlier and earlier - help!  (Read 874 times)

Offline murphy76

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 19, 2016, 05:21:51 am »
Hi,

After getting DS3 through the 2-1 transition about 3 months ago, the wheels are falling off and I don't know what to do to nip it in the bud!
For last 2.5 mths his day was

WU 7
S 12-1/130
BT 7

And it worked well, apart from the odd teething night.

Even when he napped 45 mins to 1hr 15, it was the same night sleep and he managed no problems.

However for the past two weeks he's crying for 30 mins going down at night, and has started to WU at 630/615/6/6 and today was 530!

His nap has slowly reduced, he's doing about 1hr10 mins in day care at present, so yday was:

WU 6am
S 1210-115pm
BT 715pm

Should I cap the nap further, or is he still young for less than 1hr daytime sleep?

Yes it's a bit lighter in the mornings but his room is still reasonably dark. The birds are singing a good but but I don't think this would waken him, maybe keep him awake when he does tho.

DS1 wakes when DS3 does and with DH away with work for a week now I am dreading these v long days...

Any thoughts on how I can get it back to as good as it was? Could this just be a phase or have we lost those glorious 12 HR nights forever?

(For the first 13 mths of his life DS3 woke several times a night, so it's only recently has the house had much sleep and I really can't go back to the way it was, for all our sanity...)

Thanks in advance!

Offline murphy76

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 17mth waking earlier and earlier - help!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 11:50:35 am »
It's been a steady 545am WU last two days. He's not upset or anything, and still sleeps 1hr 10 mins in day care. He goes down at night about 715pm, but doesn't look tired before this, so I am wondering is there anything we can do?

Having slept 12hrs at night for past 2-3 months, if it has disappeared and won't come back that's life, but if there is anything we can do to try and get that back, thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Offline Lindsay27

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 21:24:39 pm »
I don't think I'd cap the nap further, if anything I'm wondering if he's OT and that's what's causing the EW.  I think with a 5:45am WU and a nap only a little over an hour I would bring BT forward if you can and maybe he'll tack on a bit of sleep and go back to a normal WU.

Offline murphy76

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 19:30:17 pm »
Great, thanks for that. He can get to 615 odds last few days but most he will sleep in daycare is 80 ish mins, so I'll try bringing by forward.

Thanks