Author Topic: Getting on a routine and self-soothing  (Read 706 times)

Offline laura.flaherty26

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 20, 2016, 02:01:35 am »
My little one, Aila, is 2 months old. She is breastfed when she wakes up and then she is breastfed to sleep usually, sometimes is rocked to sleep. How do I know when she is ready to use "Pick up/Put down"? That method worked great for sleep training my other child. I also saw on another post that you are not supposed to use "Pick up/Put down" until all other methods are exhausted. What are the other methods besides the "4 S wind down" and "shush pat"?

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Getting on a routine and self-soothing
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 12:14:56 pm »
Those are the other BW methods ;) or in fact, the main methods at this age :D  PUPD as you said is too stimulating for such a young baby, and even in older ones (4 months +) should only be used as a last resort.  Were you looking for something else specifically?

Offline weaver

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 18:05:43 pm »
The first thing to do is check out and tweak your routine ;) post what you usually do and people will be able to comment.
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.

Offline Fifilottie

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 10:03:54 am »
Shhh pat does work. It just takes perseverance so don't give up at the first hurdle. It can take a long time at the start but getting your timings right is very important. I always got it a bit wrong but it did work eventually. Then you can ease off and they learn to SS. Shh pat makes them work out other ways to sooth such as twirling hand, sucking thumbs or blankys. It is very useful. Hope that helps x