Author Topic: Desperately need help  (Read 884 times)

Offline MummyPx

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 22, 2016, 16:18:11 pm »
Hi Everyone

Sorry this may be a long one, my baby is 7 months old and I had her on a loose easy routine since about 4 weeks old. Recently her routine has just disappeared, I don't know how it's happened or how to get it back. I'll also point out that hubby is pretty useless when it comes to baby so I'm practically doing it all on my own. My daughter will only nap for about 20minutes at a time through out the day and is whiney and just generally unhappy for most of the day, unless I let her lie on the couch beside me (I don't go to sleep as I know how dangerous this is) she'll sleep for a good while:( up until recently bedtime was great, I'd pop her in her cot and leave her too it and she would be sleeping within 15 minutes, now I need to be sitting on the floor holding her hand or she screams the house down, she also has me up several times through the night and I have to rock her back to sleep, but sometimes as soon as her head hits the cot she's screaming, on a few occasions I've resorted to taking her into bed with me just to get some rest. I love my baby to bits but right now I'm tired and miserable and can barely get anything done.

I actually feel like I'm a brand new mum again and have no idea what I'm doing. It's all went horribly wrong, I feel like I've failed and I don't know how to fix it. I can't even post an example of her routine because it's all over the place at the moment, the only thing we have is a consistent bath routine but she's also started being moany after bath when getting dressed.

If anyone can offer advice or point me in the right direction of where to look I'd be eternally grateful, TIA x

Offline FPT23

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 18
Re: Desperately need help
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 16:44:55 pm »
Hi I'm so sorry to hear that times are rough for you right now :(
Your not alone and babies are so much work and it can get extremely overwhelming and stressful very often!! Lots of hugs and positive vibes your way! I myself am going through the  crazy roller coaster ride myself with my 2 month old!! Huuuuugs!!! It's rough!

I thought I would offer you some kind words to help ease some of your frustration, as I know some of the moms on here have helped me in the same! However, I'm not a pro here but I can offer a little insight and maybe you can see if it works for you! I do remember around that same time, my first (touchy for sleep, textbook baby) started getting a little separation anxiety! Maybe it can explain her wanting you near by at BT! A few ideas that can help is, if she has a small little blanket/doll or even a small piece of clothing you may own, wear it around all day (like in your bra or under your shirt someway) and then lay her down with it; it will have your scent and she can possibly be more at ease that way! :) this won't last forever another thing to try is to maybe just stay by her side until she's drowsy and slowly slip away as she drifts off? Another suggestion is to distance yourself gradually throughout the next week or two if she continues. For example, the first few nights your right next to her, another 2-3 nights step back a bit... Till your eventually closer out the door but she knows your there- that's what matters.

Maybe another thing to consider here is teething! They can get super clingy and needy when they are in pain, poor babies! Perhaps medicating can help as well before BT/naps. Hope these little suggestions help! <3

As far as naps, I'm still struggling myself but I am aware that 20-30 min naps are over tired. Hopefully a moderator comes on by to help review your EASY to help out!

Much huuuugs and positivity your way! Hang in there xoxo :)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 22:30:28 pm by FPT23 »
Fabi

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Desperately need help
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 19:36:08 pm »
Hi MummyPx and welcome to BW forums :)

I wonder if your LO is teething?
Pain or discomfort can cause those short naps and also the need to be near you for comfort.  Have you tried some meds 20 mins before a nap or BT to see if it helps?  I know when mine was in his worst phases of teething it really did feel like having a new born again.  It's very tiring, I suggest putting off any housework but the absolute essential things and getting yourself some rest whenever you can.  If DH is not so great with baby perhaps he can pick up some extra chores around the house for a few days.

It's all went horribly wrong, I feel like I've failed and I don't know how to fix it.
Oh please don't feel like you failed. The thing with babies is that no matter how wonderful their routine is and no matter who brilliantly you're doing they just *will* have phases where everything goes off track - teething, illness, a cold, developmental milestones, vaccinations, time changes, travel, season changes...there is a huge list of stuff that will effect them and which you have pretty much zero control over. All you can do is your best, which you are doing, support her, which you are doing, and come here with your woes, which you are doing.

Hang in there, you *will* get through this. Things will improve.