Author Topic: Purees, avocado, sweet potato, now what?  (Read 1438 times)

Offline 3SavBoys

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 24, 2016, 17:21:33 pm »
DS is a little over 6 months. Pediatrician advised starting solids at 4 months (older 2 had several food allergies). I waited til a little over 5 months and he took to purees very easily. He eats maybe an ounce or two several evenings a week. Last week, he ate a quarter of an avocado off the peel and some sweet potato wedges. He's also enjoyed 'gumming' on carrot and celery sticks. I tried giving him a banana, but he kind of froze up when he got a chunk in his mouth and just waited for me to fish it out. So, my question is... what type of finger food to try next? His only apparent allergy so far is dairy.

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Purees, avocado, sweet potato, now what?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 18:12:35 pm »
At over 6 months you could literally give him just about anything you are eating, with the obvious provisos of no added salt and following your own country's recommendations about what age to introduce things like nuts, eggs etc.  Chunks of meat/fish can be gummed.  Sticks of cheese.  Cucumber sticks.  Roasted veggies.  Loaded spoons with porridge/yoghurt etc.  Check out the baby led weaning thread too - loads of ideas there even if you fancy doing a mix of purées and finger foods rather than pure BLW x