Author Topic: 2 month baby doesn't sleep at all  (Read 741 times)

Offline Emma999

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 25, 2016, 17:08:15 pm »
I have a 2 month baby girl. From day two she has crying episodes in the evening. From 3 pm to 5  pm she is still quite quiet but what ever I do, the she doesn't get to sleep. Some days  she may sleep in my arms for 5-10 minutes, but thats all. Then from 5 pm to 10/11 pm she cries heavily (with tears) with brakes. Nothing calms her. I have tried everything, patting, white noise, swaddle and so on. First I thought it is colic, but maybe she is overtired. Now she doesn't sleep at day also. I am really desperate. I have 3h EASY schedule but as she doesn't sleep, it sometimes 2h schedule and the S part is missing :) At nights she luckily sleeps now. And weight gain is ok. I have visited also doctor and she says babies just cry. And I also have used all gas drops etc. Please please help. There must be some solution.

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 2 month baby doesn't sleep at all
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 18:28:35 pm »
Oh hugs Emma999, that sounds so very stressful and difficult :( have you got support from family, friends?  Anyone who could take LO out for a while to give you a break?

It is normal in some respects that babies cry, it is after all their only form of communication, but to cry all day and barely sleep suggests to me that she may be in some sort of discomfort.  Does she show any signs of reflux? Reflux 101 - General reflux information Is she breast or bottle fed?  What are her poops like?  Does your gut instinct tell you she is pain?  If so you need to keep going back to your doctor/health visitor/paediatrician and seek another opinion if you do not feel they are taking you seriously.  For your sake as much as hers :-* it is super-stressful and exhausting looking after an unsettled baby and it is important that you are taking care of yourself too.

What have you tried for getting her to sleep?  Will she settle in the pram, car or bouncy chair?  What about a sling or wrap?  They can be lifesavers for unsettled babies.  There are also some tips here, relevant for reflux but also good for any unsettled baby: Sleep and the reflux baby.

Hope you find something there useful :)